What LPs have you listened to recently?

vinyl_lady

Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #5880 on: 3 Dec 2012, 02:38 am »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5881 on: 5 Dec 2012, 02:23 am »
In Formation- KRONOS Quartet (Reference Recordings);
L'Histoire du Soldat- Chicago Pro Musica (Reference Recordings).

roscoeiii

« Reply #5882 on: 5 Dec 2012, 02:31 am »
Interesting Jim,

I was just at Pro Musica in Chicago yesterday. They had a Beatles Box set listening session.

And I finally got to hear Quads for the first time!

orthobiz

« Reply #5883 on: 5 Dec 2012, 03:02 am »
Interesting Jim,

I was just at Pro Musica in Chicago yesterday. They had a Beatles Box set listening session.

And I finally got to hear Quads for the first time!

What is Pro Musica?

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #5884 on: 5 Dec 2012, 03:15 am »
Audio gear shop in Chicago (heavy on Naim, Rega and Quads). Owner also masters music.

orthobiz

« Reply #5885 on: 5 Dec 2012, 03:23 am »
Audio gear shop in Chicago (heavy on Naim, Rega and Quads). Owner also masters music.

Thx

Paul

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5886 on: 5 Dec 2012, 04:15 am »
When this (above) was recorded in 1983, Keith O. Johnson was at the 45 rpm machine and Chicago Pro Musica consisted of 11 musicians.  This album was recorded at the Medinah Temple in Chicago, FYI.  It is an excellent recording if you ever see one for sale

roscoeiii

« Reply #5887 on: 6 Dec 2012, 09:25 pm »
Getting ready for my first ever DJ gig. At the SMART Museum in Chicago. Since it is an art museum, I get to go a bit off-the-beaten track and experimental. To tie in with an exhibit that opens there tomorrow, I will be spinning German and Northern European pychedelia & art rock.

Can't decide if I want to start off with Can or Neu. Or if I want to further limit myself to bands with only 3 letters in their name (no acronyms don't count).

orthobiz

« Reply #5888 on: 6 Dec 2012, 10:38 pm »
Playlist when it's over, please. You can do The Move Shazam, Cherry Blossom Clinic Revisited, it's got the whole classical thing going. And it's long enough you can take a potty break!

Paul

dminches

« Reply #5889 on: 6 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5890 on: 7 Dec 2012, 12:21 am »
Getting ready for my first ever DJ gig. At the SMART Museum in Chicago. Since it is an art museum, I get to go a bit off-the-beaten track and experimental. To tie in with an exhibit that opens there tomorrow, I will be spinning German and Northern European pychedelia & art rock.

Can't decide if I want to start off with Can or Neu. Or if I want to further limit myself to bands with only 3 letters in their name (no acronyms don't count).
Sounds like a blast!  Enjoy!

roscoeiii

« Reply #5891 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:24 am »
It was a hoot. I started out with Can's Tago Mago, then hit Neu's "Neu!" Followed that with some more rcent stuff in the same vein: Mew and Dungen. And then ended up with Can stuff from The Lost  Tapes. Worked great for an art museum crowd

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #5892 on: 7 Dec 2012, 06:35 pm »

Seems appropriate.
Doc

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #5893 on: 9 Dec 2012, 02:36 am »

The KBC Band was formed in 1985 by former Jefferson Airplane (later Jefferson Starship) members Paul Kantner (guitar and vocals), Marty Balin (vocals and guitar) and Jack Casady (bass). Other members included Keith Crossan (saxophone, guitar & vocals), Tim Gorman (keyboards and vocals), Mark "Slick" Aguilar (guitar and vocals) and Darrell Verdusco (drums). Their debut LP, "KBC Band", featured the moderate hit "America"

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5894 on: 9 Dec 2012, 02:44 pm »
The wife needs some music for a Romanticism in literature class so I'm burning some tunes for her.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #5895 on: 9 Dec 2012, 03:43 pm »
The KBC Band was formed in 1985 by former Jefferson Airplane (later Jefferson Starship) members Paul Kantner (guitar and vocals), Marty Balin (vocals and guitar) and Jack Casady (bass). Other members included Keith Crossan (saxophone, guitar & vocals), Tim Gorman (keyboards and vocals), Mark "Slick" Aguilar (guitar and vocals) and Darrell Verdusco (drums). Their debut LP, "KBC Band", featured the moderate hit "America"

Bill,

thanks for posting this. I was about to ask you about this album. I have never seen it, but now I will be looking for it. Nice haul from DD.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5896 on: 9 Dec 2012, 05:50 pm »
Bill,

thanks for posting this. I was about to ask you about this album. I have never seen it, but now I will be looking for it. Nice haul from DD.

Have a listen.... :thumb:

PierreB

« Reply #5897 on: 9 Dec 2012, 07:47 pm »
King Crimson - Lizard

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #5898 on: 9 Dec 2012, 09:56 pm »

Doc

vinyl_lady