Le Amp2 News ?

AleR

• http://miempresa.123.cl/alejandro64@entelchile.net
Le Amp2 News ?
« on: 3 Oct 2003, 04:20 pm »
I was waiting for October News on nOrh web site, but no news yet, so, does someone knows something new about the LA2

Alejandro

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2003, 05:38 pm »

AleR

OOPS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2003, 05:59 pm »
I checked a 2 hours ago and september news were still on line. Hope to see LA2 review soon

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2003, 06:34 pm »
"nOrh Loudspeaker
October 2003, Newsletter..."

This is what I get from that link.

You may be seeing a cache of the old newsletter

Andrikos

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2003, 09:56 pm »
I get the september news too.
Can you post the October news? :)

bhiggins

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #5 on: 3 Oct 2003, 10:01 pm »
Here is the October news regarding LA2:

"This month I am writing this early as I will be traveling for the next three weeks. There are a lot of things happening these days and so little time to explain them all. What everyone want to now about is Le Amp 2. They are shipping. They are shipping slowly but they are going out. We have one customer who promised me that he will put his comments audio circle for everyone to read. There should be about 30 to 50 units out in the field by the time this is published.

We showed Le Amp 2 for the first time at the April audio show. The version we showed was nearly complete so we believed we would be able to deliver in about one month. We paid for the units in advance. We expected the first units to show up in May. Our supplier told us that he was negotiating with the case company. He said that the price he charged had assumed the case would cost about $25.00 but it wound up costing $70.00. This revelation came after we waited a month and expected delivery.

We called the case supplier. He said that the heat sinks were very expensive. These were 7.5 pounds per case. The heat sinks were custom molded, hand finished and anodized. We agreed to pay the difference and move forward to produce 200 cases. One month later, the cases were done. The vendor told us it wouldn't be long now. Each week, we were told, they are coming. I talked to the supplier and found that he was out of money. He had used our money to complete another job and he hadn't been paid for that job yet. He told me he needed to pay for the Toshiba parts that were coming in from Japan to complete the project. We paid for and accepted shipment of the Toshiba parts.

We got in about 14 amps. Then things slowed down again. This time, we found out that our supplier didn't have the money for connectors. You can guess the rest of the story. We had to buy the connectors a second time. In the meantime, we have contacted another supplier to help us clear up all the orders we have. The units that we are getting are bagful and sound great. Below is a photo taken just yesterday."

Andrikos

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #6 on: 3 Oct 2003, 10:04 pm »
Thanks Bhiggins.
Nice fish! What is it? :)

Dozer

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2003, 02:01 am »
Well now the question "what can Barnes do to make up for the delay?" has been answered.

If I had known all along that the units would be bagful I would have ordered, and LIKED the wait!   Someone should have said so sooner.

Rocket

hi
« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2003, 03:39 am »
hi,

sorry for sounding ignorant but what does the term bagful mean?

is this an american term.

regards

rocket

PJ

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #9 on: 5 Oct 2003, 04:34 am »
Was wondering the same thing Rod :)

eric the red

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #10 on: 5 Oct 2003, 04:44 am »
The term "Bagful" refers to the bag full of horseshit that Barnes has been feeding you all over the last 6 months since  "The first le amps were shipped" and also refers to the bag full of crap that Barne's sales slackers are feeding you all while " he is traveling for 3 weeks" and for some reason cannot answer questions here in his forum. What great comedy...

Dozer

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #11 on: 5 Oct 2003, 07:32 am »
Eric I am sick and fed up with all this nOrh bashing!   It's obvious that you have no value here other than to criticize nOrh.    

Michael Barnes cannot be held accountable for the actions of.... uhm...  oh, never mind  -  my bad.

But after all, nOrh has always delivered stuff right on .....  uhm... oh never mind - my bad.

But.... but....   oh, never mind...

WAIT!   At least I don't only check in here every week or so just to see if the Le Amp II were real after all....    

uhm...   bye till next week.

AleR

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #12 on: 5 Oct 2003, 12:21 pm »
I have send many e-mails to Michael and Namphung regarding LA2 these months and I have had allways an answer. To have my LA I waited 6 month but the result was so great that I don`t mind waiting again.

Alejandro

bhiggins

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #13 on: 6 Oct 2003, 01:13 am »
Andrikos,

Chinook Salmon.  In salt water, they are a fabulous silver color, but when they only live in fresh water, they are that drab olive green.

~Ben

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #14 on: 6 Oct 2003, 02:00 am »
Every time I've emailed Namphung I've received a prompt reply.  Even when I emailed to cancel my order (I felt a little bad, actually).

Once they do come out (assuming they 'er do... :roll: ) I'll be interested to see how you guys all like them.  Hell, maybe I'll still get a pair of 'em down the road.

Rocket

hi
« Reply #15 on: 6 Oct 2003, 02:03 am »
hi,

what does bagfull mean?  i know etr was having a crack at norh.

regards

rocket

JohnR

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #16 on: 6 Oct 2003, 02:22 am »
My guess is that he uses a dictaphone and that was supposed to be "beautiful."

Cazza

Your thoughts
« Reply #17 on: 6 Oct 2003, 03:16 am »
Alejandro

My LE AMP's are still in customs, just taking ages to get them through . So I am hoping to get them this week. How long have you had your amps, and can you give us some more feedback  - you seem to be very happy with them.

wshuff

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #18 on: 6 Oct 2003, 04:02 am »
I canceled my amps too, but not necessarily because I'm mad about the wait.  Had they arrived earlier in the summer I would have kept them, but I really don't need them now, and having recently gotten married, I have other financial concerns now.  Anyway, when I canceled I got a prompt reply from nOrh.  Of course, I was told that they were cancelling my cancelation, so I'm not sure what that means.  Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the break-up didn't take.  I guess I'll see.  

Anyway, I hope that things work out for those of you who are waiting, and I hope that MB makes an appearance here to let everybody know what is up.

AleR

Le Amp2 News ?
« Reply #19 on: 6 Oct 2003, 12:45 pm »
CAZZA, I am not very good describing the musical feeling with different gear, but I can tell you something, one year ago I bought a Pathos "Classic One" integrated amp suposed to be a very good hybrid amp. The amp is absolutely incredible in terms of design and build quality, but after som time, the sonic experice was so dry and cold and borring, that I returned to my pair of LE AMP. I can´t explain the exact feeling, but using my LeAmp, I listened to music every day. With the Pathos, I wasn´t urged to listen to music and used my spare time in other activities.
Le Amp was (because I sold ot to get the LA2) the best amp I had and this is the list of amps I had:

Restek Chalenger
NAD 310, 314, 350
Llano Design A-50
ASL Wave AV-8, AQ-1004, PPS-L6
Megahertz Audio "Il Musicale" (Different kind of thing SET 5Watts, so not in the contest)
McIntosh MC122

Alejandro