Any new News on the LeAmps?

ABEX

« on: 23 May 2003, 07:28 pm »
Just wondering if they are almosty ready for prime time with some Pics and Measurements either the enclosure , specs or both.

I have been reading some reviews and alot of amp manfs. are using Toshiba Transistors. That is a really good sign!

Good luck on getting them out! :wink:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2003, 06:35 pm »
I thought we were getting some pics last week.  Hopefully MB will come thru soon!

Damn, I'm getting anxious for my amps!

NealH

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2003, 12:15 am »
Have any of you guys heard this amp?  I see comments all the time, specifically from ABEX, which lead one to think that he owns the Le amp.  But, I am not sure after reading this post.  

I have interest in this amp because it looks like it may be a good deal.  Does anyone own it or are the comments only preliminary speculation at this time?

ABEX

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2003, 12:21 am »
rnhood
I have only had feedback from other that have and everything about it seem stellar.

I am patiently waiting for them to be sent like others.

Look at the other threads to see what it's made up of for parts!

Sounds great and I have asked the opinions of some pros about what it has in it. They agree that it should be a winner!

eric the red

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2003, 12:48 am »
Just my 0.2 here and NOT sour grapes: Norh tends to ship their new products long after they initially announce when they will be shipped. If you could read the archived posts at Audio Review from a few years back (you can't) when Norh was all the buzz there, you would see what I mean. And I'm speaking from experience here. I've never understood why Norh can't fully develop a finished product, physically get the ready-to-ship product into their warehouse, then provide the details and pictures of the finished product and be able to ship the product to their customers right away or at least ship in a reasonable timeframe as to the initial promise of a shipping date. Or at the VERY least, give a definite shipping date far enough in advance so their customers will have a concrete idea when to expect the product. Maybe they're seeing what kind of interest the new product sparks before they decide how many to initially produce?

ABEX

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2003, 05:38 am »
ETR
I have never dealt with nOrh before ,but alot of followers are satisfied with what they recieved.OTOH I have been critical of some of theri products in the past ,but these new amps seem like they are worth waiting for. :P

I hope that it is not a drasticly long wait!  :(  

EIther way I have a great system at the moment and have the time as I am burning in my dream speakers and they are more than I could ask for.The most advnced set of NEAR M50's in the world and people that own NEARs would be envious.The designer has not even updated his yet to what mine are,but after doing mine he has started doing his.   8)

nathanm

« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2003, 06:26 am »
The moral of the story is; always OVERestimate the time you tell people something is gonna take.  That way when you turn it in early you look like a hero.  Works like a charm! :D

eric the red

« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2003, 04:54 pm »
Actually, you boys should be getting your new toys very very soon. Barnes said on a previous thread that 'We expect to ship this month' , and being that it's already May 28th, that means shipping begins in the next three days. :mrgreen: