Tekton New Pendragon -SE Loudspeakers

fine tunes1

Tekton New Pendragon -SE Loudspeakers
« on: 18 Oct 2012, 02:54 pm »
The new  -SE  Pendragon is a bit smaller  at 53 inches long X 10w X 13 d. For drivers the mid- woofer drivers
Are  8 inch  custom drivers from Seas ,the tweeters are Scanspeak ring radiators from the discovery line.
The Xover  for the inductors  are  Jantzen Copper coils, resistors are Mundorf, and for capacitors I strongly recommend the Mundorf Silver oil  capacitors for they are much more refined in every respective position
The performance is much more 3 dimensional. One more thing  would  like to mention.Eric has an Excellent
Loudspeaker painter and for extra cost you can have any color you want price will depend on finish
Such as. Candy apple.

genjamon

Re: Tekton New Pendragon -SE Loudspeakers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2012, 04:44 pm »
So have you heard them?  What do they sound like? Comparisons to other speaker brands? Others in the tekton line?

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2012, 05:57 pm »
This seems more like a sales thread, opposed to a review or sharing info.??????
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm by playntheblues »

fine tunes1

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm »
Hello I just purchased them .i am just waiting on delivery this is a forum to share input .
I am enthusiastic in my writings I don't think that is wrong. Within th next 30 days I should have
A few hundred ip hours in them to give an honest review.I sold 4 loudspeakers in 18 months . I will be able tto tell Within the first few weeks now if these we be keepers.

playntheblues

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2012, 12:48 pm »
We are excited to hear your report back with pictures   :thumb:

genjamon

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2012, 01:02 pm »
Absolutely! And don't forget to tell us more about your system, listening preferences, and comparisons with other speakers if you can!   :thumb:

fine tunes1

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2012, 12:50 am »
I ordered the Pendragons with every available option and did one better trying to get the most out of them getting the best resistors I know of
Duelund of Denmark are by far the clearest sounding they  dissipate heat the best
Being pure graphite with a solid Silver conductor, and Sound city makes excellent outriggers that are very reasonable in cost and that will make any loudspeaker sound better.

brj

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm »
We'll let this topic run for a bit in the hope that a more detailed review is forthcoming, but please realize that the intent of this circle is for AC member to post personal reviews.  We want to avoid links to external reviews or merely reposting marketing material.  Please see the Critic's Circle Guidelines for more information.

Thank you!

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2012, 08:47 pm »
Stereomojo just reviewed the normal Pendragon. It was very well received. I would love to hear more about the SE now.

playntheblues

« Reply #9 on: 3 Nov 2012, 11:32 pm »
Wisnon, have you been reading again?   :lol:
« Last Edit: 4 Nov 2012, 01:12 pm by playntheblues »

nd4speed

« Reply #10 on: 7 Nov 2012, 09:38 pm »
Seems like a nice upgrade from the standard one. Although it might have been more appealing he managed to make it smaller. On paper they seem to be pretty close in size.

fine tunes1

« Reply #11 on: 21 Dec 2012, 02:31 pm »
There are reviews on Audiogon, as well as Audio asylum.i had problems loading pictures here

They are finally runin .   I spent all this money nd now my brother decides o sell hi B&W 802 diamonds
Offered to me at under 50 percent cost ,to good to pass up.
My speakers are for sale for a excellent price if interested please go to Audiogon thank you.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #12 on: 21 Dec 2012, 03:07 pm »
I think I might like the Seas Pendragon but I wasn't a huge fan of the Eminence guitar speakers as used in the regular version.

gme109

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2013, 05:10 pm »
The new  -SE  Pendragon is a bit smaller  at 53 inches long X 10w X 13 d. For drivers the mid- woofer drivers
Are  8 inch  custom drivers from Seas ,the tweeters are Scanspeak ring radiators from the discovery line.
The Xover  for the inductors  are  Jantzen Copper coils, resistors are Mundorf, and for capacitors I strongly recommend the Mundorf Silver oil  capacitors for they are much more refined in every respective position
The performance is much more 3 dimensional. One more thing  would  like to mention.Eric has an Excellent
Loudspeaker painter and for extra cost you can have any color you want price will depend on finish
Such as. Candy apple.

So what happened? Did you ever get the speakers?