Louis, how's the Supertweeter project going?

Bosh

« on: 12 Dec 2003, 03:52 am »
Have you figured out the cradle?  Love to hear them with my TS1-1s.

Louis O

« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2003, 02:28 pm »
Hi Bosh,

It's going pretty slowly right now. I did try to make a solid block of veneered MDF, but the trying to cut out the hole for the tweeter with a Forstner didn't work. I will try another way to do it and have it ready after the show. I will try to make it with caps and binding posts installed as 1 unit.

Many thanks,
Louis

Bosh

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2004, 06:57 pm »
Hey Lou, hope the show goes well.

Will the super tweeter be wired in parallel to the main driver via the binding posts...will you wire it internally...or what? :?:

Are you doing a simple, one-cap crossover ala' DeCappo built in to whatever mounting you devise?  Either way, how with this effect efficiency?

Thanks!

bosh

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2004, 01:54 pm »
Hi Bosh,

Thanks and I hope it goes well too. Should be a lot of fun and I'm pretty excited to hear the Tron and the Eastern Electric amps.

With the outboard supertweeters, I want to make them as 1 unit with the binding posts and cap installed. Then you can wire them in parallel to the main posts on the cabinet. I would like to build a model with the supertweeter installed on the baffle as a complete speaker. I have made a few this way already.

It's biult like the deCapo, one cap and the efficiency stays the same. On certain models I might have to install attenuators for the treble.

Thanks and talk to you soon,
Louis

Bosh

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2004, 08:58 am »
Hi Lou.  Bet you're having a blast at the Show!

Wondering if the outboard tweet will also have an 'L'pad, or will it not require that sort of adjustment?

Se ya' soon.

Louis O

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2004, 12:49 pm »
Hi Bosh,

Tweeter is coming along thanks. I will start with making a small caninet for them. I did try making a solid block of mdf and then install the tweeter, but the Forstner didn't like going through the solid mdf with all the glue lines. I will get one finished using the horn tweeter first. Also a friend of mine is great at leather work and I might leather wrap them.

Thanks and talk to you soon,
Louis