Ultimate Ears 700 - UE700 IEM's

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Ultimate Ears 700 - UE700 IEM's
« on: 23 Apr 2011, 01:06 am »
I made a trade with a guy at head-fi and ended up with some Ultimate Ears 700 in ear monitors (UE 700), the piece I was trading was worth about 1/3 of the value of these new so when the trade came up I jumped.

These in ear monitors have two drivers in each ear, and the highs and midrange are imho-perfect. If you own these and listen to them the highs and mid-range your hearing is exactly what I love, very detiled, clean, just short of fatiguing for me might be too much for others. If the low end was more present my search for IEM's would be done, over, finished. That being said the sound they produce currently throws them back in the same arena as my Sleek Audio SA-1's which were top dog until these showed up. The bass is there but dynamically weak, more like the tone control was nudged toward the low end, not nice tight punchy, more like diluted, its not horrible just hard to describe accurately. Like I said earlier if these had some better quality in the low end I'd have my favorites outright. Right now the Sleeks are just a hair better than these at a price far less by the way.
 I've managed to get a nice collection going without spending over $50 on any one pair, I've turned into an amazing shopper....LOL, my ex-wife is proud of my shopping prowess. And the best part is this whole thing of checking out a bunch of different ones is fun really fun, in a week or so a pair of Sleek Audio SA-6's is coming and even though they have been discontinued and redesigned because of issues with cords breaking alot are from what I'm told possibly to become the new leader of the pack here. More later.....