SongTowers receive "Blue Note" product of the year award

jsalk

Nels Ferre wrote a review of the SongTower QWT's that was published not long ago at enjoythemusic.com.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0408/stalk_signature_songtower.htm

We have just been informed that the SongTowers have received enjoythemusic's Blue Note Award for best products of 2008.

We are extremely honored to have earned this award.  I somehow makes all the hard work worthwhile. 

Thanks to Nels and everyone at enjoythemusic.com.  Much appreciated...

- Jim

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: SongTowers receive "Blue Note" product of the year award
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:44 pm »
Jim
congratulations!!  Nuances STs are amazing looking.

Any word on the new woofers on the HT-3's?
Mark

yooper

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2008, 04:50 pm »
Here's to a job well done  :beer:

Congrats to you Jim, and your crew!

Mark

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2008, 05:32 pm »
Mark -

Jim
congratulations!!  Nuances STs are amazing looking.

Thanks.

Any word on the new woofers on the HT-3's?
Mark

The cones have finally passed muster so the only thing left now is the surround tooling.  Hopefully that will be complete in the next two weeks and we can being producing surrounds.  Then we'll be all set.

Dealing with machine shops can be quite frustrating.  They are almost never able to do things in the time frame they quote.  So it makes it difficult to plan. 

The aluminum baffles for the new SongTower RT's were promised to me one week-end a while back.  We finally got them 45 days after they should have been completed in the first place.  During this whole period, the SongTower RT project just sat waiting.  Had I known it before hand, I would have done some other type of front baffle.  But that is past history and now they are done.

With the HT3 woofer, the test cone samples were very late and when they arrived, they were not in spec.  The second test batch was also late but, thankfully, measured correctly.  So that issue is resolved.

The surround tooling was supposed to be done a while ago as well, but was delayed for one reason or another.  So we started some parallel tooling work and expect to have final tooling very shortly from one of the two shops working on it.  That is the last item left to go. 

The wait has been agonizing to be sure, but once the tooling is complete we'll have all the woofers we need from there on out.

- Jim

carusoracer

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2008, 02:28 pm »
Congrats :drums:

Too bad he could not get a pair of HT3's to test :lol: I luv the comment.

:beer:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2008, 02:39 pm »
Congratulations on your award Jim.   :thumb:

As a very happy SongTower owner, I can personally say it is well deserved and justified.

Using three SongTowers as the L/C/R speakers of my HT, I feel like I am able to really experience all that is there and I have no urge to upgrade or change them out.

Maybe one day I will order some SongTowers for the surround channels, but until that day comes, I will simply just keep enjoying what I already own.

George

Toka

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2008, 04:31 pm »
Way to go Jim & team! Congrats!  8)

saisunil

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2008, 04:50 pm »
That's an excellent review.
Congratulations Jim

mdfoy

« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2008, 08:40 pm »
Jim,

Congratulations on the Blue Note Award, and the SongTower RT, which is "off the hook"!

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2008, 11:07 pm »
Congrats Jim and team!  Your SongTower creation is by far the best speaker out there for the price, in my humble opinion of course.   :wink:  Here's to a job well done!   :beer:

Wayner

« Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2008, 11:09 pm »
Kudos, Jim.

Blood, sweat and tears sometimes pays off!

Wayner

mike1964

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2008, 12:58 am »
Congratulations Jim!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
I love my SongTowers.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2008, 01:09 am »
Congrats as well Jim, Dennis, & Co   :beer:  Well deserved recognition for a fine team of folks who obviously love their work (& hobby).

And I too love my Song Towers.  :thumb:

JD

nicksgem10s

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2008, 01:19 am »
Well deserved award.

If you ever do have a pair of your HT3 speakers reviewed the waiting list will be a lot longer.   :thumb:  Great to see you get recognized in print.

Congratulations Jim!

-Nick

funkmonkey

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2008, 06:44 pm »
 :thumb:

Congratulations on the BlueNote award!  I have to agree that if you ever sent off a pair of HT3s to get reviewed you would have a very long waiting list indeed.

And thanks, Jim, for keeping us in the loop with the progress on the new woofers.  I have been trying very hard to not send you emails everyday asking "Are they there yet? Are they there yet?"  :D

randybessinger

« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2008, 08:49 pm »
Congratulations Jim-Well Deserved.