Question for Steve

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Question for Steve
« on: 13 Apr 2004, 04:47 pm »
Hello Steve,
    Marbles has mentioned to me in a past thread your P3 mods, do you have one I could audition ? I recently picked up another DAC , but I'm not that happy with it....a little too mellow for my taste. I've also got a stock Sony 7700 I will be using as transport. Thanks for a reply. :) [/list:u]

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Question for Steve
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2004, 04:53 pm »
Chris,

ECD-1 didn't work out?  

You are finding it mellow?  Just goes to show how important system matching is.

What else is on your short list?

George

lonewolfny42

Question for Steve
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2004, 05:02 pm »
Quote from: zybar
Chris,

ECD-1 didn't work out?  

You are finding it mellow?  Just goes to show how important system matching is.

What else is on your short list?

George
Hello George,
    Yep...a little too mellow for my taste  :( . I want detail, the snap of the snare, the clear bottom on the bass, nice vocals, I want some life. The ECD-1 is not the one, thats why I'm checking on Steve's modded P3. And I don't have a list :? ....just my ears. This may be the one ? :) [/list:u]

Double Ugly

Question for Steve
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2004, 06:01 pm »
lonewolfny42-

Steve has a demo unit, but it's been in my possession since the middle of March.  Steve forgot to include the power cord and the unit was obviously of no use without it.  I received the power cord about 2 weeks ago.

I'll be finishing up my audition in a week or so.  Perhaps you can work something out with Steve so that I send it directly to you.

DU

zybar

• Volunteer
Question for Steve
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2004, 06:04 pm »
No power packs down there?!!

:lol:

So since you still have it, how do you like it?

I will give it a listen after Chris (unless Steve already has it going some place else).

George

Double Ugly

Question for Steve
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2004, 06:17 pm »
No, no power packs here, or much of anything else for that matter.

Though I've had an operable unit for 2 weeks, my schedule has allowed for little critical listening.  I should have more time this week to get a better feel for it.  

I will say that if lonewolfny42 is looking for something clear and precise, this might be just the ticket.  Mellow is NOT a term I'd use to describe what I've heard thus far.  

DU

audioengr

Question for Steve
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2004, 04:28 am »
Chris - I have two demo units, but one is at DU's place and the other at positive-feedback getting reviewed.  I thought I would have the PF one back by now, but I guess I need to bug them again.  DU's DAC will be available after the 21st.  I can ask him to ship directly to you if you like, however, I would like to send a Bitmeister digital and a couple of my Holophonic-PC IC's with the demo units as well.  I want to be sure that the cables are not limiting the experience.

That stock 7700 will be dissapointing at best.  I would recommend that you reserve a turbomodded 7700 as well to demo with the P-3A.

lonewolfny42

Question for Steve
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2004, 04:52 am »
Thanks Steve !! As they say..."put your best foot forward", so just tell me what you need for a full demo of the P3a and the modded 7700. No rush, whenever you can is fine....thanks !! :)

zybar

• Volunteer
Question for Steve
« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2004, 11:11 am »
Steve,

If you don't mind, can Chris ship to me after his audition?

This way I can finally hear your P3-A.  Also, I will compare your Turbomod S7700 vs my non-Turbomod version.

George

audioengr

Question for Steve
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2004, 05:04 pm »
Chris - I just got the word from PF that they will be shipping the units to me on Monday.  I can have them shipped directly to you if you send me the deposit of $1500.  (PayPal $1535 to nugent@empiricalaudio.com)

I raised the deposit because I have included $900 of cables and a power supply with the demo system.

Zybar - It's fine if Chris ships directly to you.  This way, you can split one-way of the shipping.

Steve N.

lonewolfny42

Question for Steve
« Reply #10 on: 18 Apr 2004, 02:14 am »
Hello Steve,
    Check your Paypal account, payment has been sent. Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

zybar

• Volunteer
Question for Steve
« Reply #11 on: 18 Apr 2004, 02:22 am »
Chris,

Want to send him my deposit as well?

:lol:

George

lonewolfny42

Question for Steve
« Reply #12 on: 18 Apr 2004, 02:39 am »
Ask Chase to speak with J.P. Morgan about your deposit........... :lol:

lonewolfny42

Question for Steve
« Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2004, 04:03 am »
Just a quick note...package arrived today, 4/28 , in fine shape....UPS. No problems. I'll set it up in the morning and start listening tomorrow night.Thanks Steve !!! :)