Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012 ***(This tour has been filled)***

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I've decided to have my amps continue the trek around the USA with all the emails and PM's.  They are on the way to Massachusetts in a few days. 

These are XLR input only.  Pin 2 hot. RCA > XLR adapter can be used without issues.

Please post your interest with your state.

The terms will be as follows:
Member must be a member of AC in good standing with some history

All members are responsbile for shipping cost to the next member

You post honest feedback for all to see

You only keep the amps for a maximum of 3 days 

You will need to provide two power cords as I shipped them without power cords.  Also, they do not have faceplates on them as I didn't want them to get ruined as I spent quite a bit of time making them.  Last, please be careful with these.  These are my personal units and I'd like for them to come back how they left which is in perfect condition. 

The best way to give me your info is via email.  DO NOT PM it to me.  It makes it very difficult when I'm mobile.  If it's not emailed you will be missed.  

Email the shipping info to with the subject "NCORE TOUR-your moniker" Again, if this isn't in the subject it will be missed as I get a very large amount of email per day. 

This is all at your own risk.  AudioCircle or any member is not responsible for your actions.  You are fully responsible for your stereo, the loaned amps and shipping to the next member.  Remember, if you're not sure, just ask.  It really is that simple.  
« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2012, 11:22 am by jtwrace »

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:18 am »
The list is:

mgalusha (CO) (April)
macrojack (CO)
Zybar (MA)  
Chris Adams (VT)  
rave959 (NJ) 
letitroll98 (NJ) 
Occam (NY)
mjosef (NY) 
maxwalrath (PA) 
RKlein (OH) / ted_b
paul427 (DC)
Rob S (WV)
Maxcast (MI)
Roscoeii (IL)
a1p1 (IA)
Nick77 (TX)
Bear (TX)
Wilsynet (CA)  
Jon L  (CA)
launche / richidoo (NC)

That's it for now!   :o  This tour has been filled. 
« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2012, 11:25 am by jtwrace »

Nick77

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:38 am »
Jason i would love to check these out in

Austin Tx

rockadanny

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:42 am »
Hello Jason,
Is there an RCA-XLR converter cable included for us "unbalanced" ( :lol: ) users?

rave959

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:49 am »
Hi Jason,

I'd like to hear these as well.  I'm in northern NJ.   :D

Thanks,
Christian

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2012, 11:53 am »
Hello Jason,
Is there an RCA-XLR converter cable included for us "unbalanced" ( :lol: ) users?
You do bring up a good point and I've added this to the first post.  XLR input only with Pin 2 being hot.

You most certainly can use an adapter as that's what I do.  I didn't plan on doing this so I didn't include one.  Certianly you get them at any pro audio store though and include them and when the amps come back to me I can send them back to you. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm »
You do bring up a good point and I've added this to the first post.  XLR input only with Pin 2 being hot.

You most certainly can use an adapter as that's what I do.  I didn't plan on doing this so I didn't include one.  Certianly you get them at any pro audio store though and include them and when the amps come back to me I can send them back to you.

I believe I have adapters to turn xlr into rca and I would be happy to provide them for the tour.  I just need to look around the audio stash and find them.  I'll post back here and let people know.

Jason, thanks again for doing this.   :thumb: :thumb:

George

roscoeiii

« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm »
Wow. This is super. Many many thanks. Email sent. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2012, 01:00 pm »
I have a drawer full of both types of adapters if you need them.

I used adapters with built-in jumpers on the source end with full XLR cables to the amps, as recommended in the Hypex data sheet. I did not try it the other way around using RCA cables with the adapters/jumpers on the amp end.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #9 on: 12 Apr 2012, 01:29 pm »
Jason:

This is a VERY nice gesture on your part. 8)  I would love to be added to this list if possible.  I reside in NE Ohio.  I sent you an email...

Regards,

Randy

maxwalrath

« Reply #10 on: 12 Apr 2012, 01:48 pm »
If there's room on the list I'd love to give these a try in Philadelphia! Really nice gesture! :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2012, 02:10 pm »
We could make it two stops in Philly then.  Email sent.

a1p1

« Reply #12 on: 12 Apr 2012, 02:44 pm »
Please add me to your generous offer to tour the NCore
Best,
AP

Chris Adams

« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2012, 02:51 pm »
Love to be on the list. Sent my info to you. I'm in VT. Thanks for offering this opportunity! :thumb:

hum4god

« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2012, 03:00 pm »
love to be on the list,  email sent .

mjosef

« Reply #15 on: 12 Apr 2012, 05:32 pm »
Email sent; NYC here.

Thank you for this generous offer.

jaywills

« Reply #16 on: 12 Apr 2012, 05:41 pm »
Email sent from here also.  Am in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Running a tricked out UcD 400 right now (into Quads) and would like to compare.  Appreciate your offer.  Cordially,

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2012, 06:34 pm »

If you decide to smoke your wheels and drift the corner into Canada I would enjoy a run with them.

Rocket_Brake Stand_Ronny

mgalusha

« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2012, 07:14 pm »
Just want to give a word of thanks to Jason for his generosity in shipping his amps around. I turned him down at first but anticipating that mine would not ship for another month I said, sure ship them out. Thanks!  :thumb:

Turns out mine shipped earlier than expected and should be here Monday. While I can't ship them around for a tour I will be happy to have any Colorado AC members over who would like to see and hear the little guys. Obviously I need to get them assembled and make sure all is well, but perhaps in a couple of weeks we could have a few folks over if there is any interest.

mike

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2012, 07:21 pm »
I have a drawer full of both types of adapters if you need them.

I used adapters with built-in jumpers on the source end with full XLR cables to the amps, as recommended in the Hypex data sheet. I did not try it the other way around using RCA cables with the adapters/jumpers on the amp end.

I have adapters as well, just let me know, and I'll ship them wherever it needs to go.

Glad to see the tour happening. That way, people can know first hand of the performance of these amps which will answer numerous questions I am sure.

Anand.