SoCal Audio GTG April 10th at Tom's

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
SoCal Audio GTG April 10th at Tom's
« on: 4 May 2009, 05:43 am »
Though it's been three weeks, we had a great time at our last GTG at Tom Newell's place.  My apologies for taking so long to get these pictures up.

Dali MS-5's driven by Moscode 401-HR. The speakers look spectacular in the Alpi finish and sound as good or better than they look.

The rack.  Modwright SACD/CD player, Aesthetix preamp and phono stage, VPI Scoutmaster with Shelter cart.

Our host Tom spins some vinyl.

The gang settles in for some serious listening.

Art, Gary, and Brian browse through the latest jazz vinyl and CDs from Hajime of eastwindimport.com.  The CD reissue of Anne Burton He's Funny That Way is a winner and has been in heavy rotation at my place the last few weeks.

Vinylphile Bob Levi in his element.

Art and David talk vinyl, cables, whatever...

Guarav catches Bob's enthusiasm for analog done right.

Our next GTG will be at Gary's place in Long Beach Sunday afternoon May 17th.  PM me with your email address to get more info.

Russ

Hajime Sato

Re: SoCal Audio GTG April 10th at Tom's
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2009, 04:21 am »
Thanks Russ for the pics!

Also, my belated thanks to Tom for a wonderful evening of hi-fi and great music. Your system sounds excellent, and I must add, your home is beautiful.

Happy listening to you all!

tnewell

Re: SoCal Audio GTG April 10th at Tom's
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2009, 04:28 am »
Russ-Great job with the pictures.

Really enjoyed having everyone over.

Special thanks to Dave for dialing in the VTA, VTF and Azimuth on my VPI.  Really made an improvement!!!

Once again Hajime had some great sounding music for sale.  Picked up 3 discs and 3 LPs.

Russ is right, that Ann Burton disc is amazing.  Most natural sounding female vocals I have heard.

Looking forward to the next meeting at Gary's.

Tom