Hello from Switzerland

Boris71

Hello from Switzerland
« on: 27 Jun 2022, 06:31 am »
Hi there,

Boris here from Switzerland. I guess as a music lover at one stage there comes the moment where you question your equipment in terms of its audiophile qualities. I'm a vintage Hifi nerd, running a system in almost every room of our home (which drives my better half kind of crazy), mainly listening to vinyl, some CDs here and there and always try to learn how to improve things. In terms of speakers I tried several pairs over the last years, starting from JBL XPL 140 (and 90), JBL L90, Klipsch Heresy II, Revox AX 5-4, KEF 104/2 reference and landed right now with a pair of Goodmans Dimension 8. My top 2 learning during that time: it's (not all) but a lot about the room and heavy EQing is a possibility but might be not the best.
However, looking forward to get some hints, learn a lot and have a nice exchange about all things audio.
Cheers, Boris

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Hello from Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2022, 12:09 pm »
Welcome!

The best EQ in my opinion is getting a good room (not squarish or small, well insulated, and hopefully dedicated to music).  Have tried a couple of room EQ products and overall not impressed.  Loudspeakers are a personal matter.  Have owned commissioned single driver transmission line floor standers for 18 years and along the way tried a couple of active 2-way monitors which I really liked. 

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2022, 12:24 pm »
Welcome.. Heresy II are sweet.. :popcorn:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2022, 01:00 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2022, 03:27 pm »
Cheers & Welcome to AC Boris   :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2022, 05:10 pm »
Welcome to AC, Boris! Nice introduction!

Michael

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2022, 09:03 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: