Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #80 on: 26 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm »
Ok,  Chris thank you for your info. With the keep alive function, i was referring to the MPD Watch option. It nailed this issue (not only like a skipping cd when left on a internet radio station, but also certain to complete unresponsiveness of the bdp) before, and thought it might not haven been implemented yet.  Would really make our lives easier if you'd flip that in your current roadmap with some priority ;-)

The play function is something i asked you about before, so i am excited it made it to the new interface. Only make it warn the user for playing a complete harddrive (as mentioned, it started to play 2 Tb drive and taking over the machine, rendering it unresponsive to any input, other then a hard reboot.) u say it has to update the database, but wasnt  the idea it wouldn't have to? Just insert and play? Even make it browsable instead of updating the complete drive first?

cheers, and thanks, keep up the good work!
Marius

o, and please, the last.fm thing. Are we logged in as bryston there, or is this also nonfunctional. Otherwise, please fix that also?
the picture i posted was for fun, only to show the bdp starting playing my Klassiek drive, and showing your Daft Punk fillers...

Hi Marius,

I'm not entirely sure what your asking, but i'll try to provide some information.  Currently we are working with web designers who create the HTML and CSS, they fill the page with temp data (ie Daft Punk).  The javascript/ajax/php/etc then replace this temp data with actual data.  Once the web design is done, this temp data will be replaced with more appropriate default values.  last.fm and everything on the MPD page is none functional, currently i am working on the disk information page and this will hoepfully be somewhat functional tonight.  Next i plan on working on the NAS setup and MPD pages, after which i plan on resuming work on the player. 

There are also additional issue's in regards to initial upgrading that seem to be causing havoc (error 09 upon upgrading) with some units that we are also currently working on pinning down.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "keep alive function"?  If your referring to the BDP locking up and replaying the same half second then i guess that answers the following question.

By the way has anyone tried playing back audio over night using manic moose only to find it frozen the following day?  I've had my BDP-2 running for four days straight, looping the same six albums.

The Play <drive name> is a intended addition, the idea is your buddy comes by, you plug in the thumb drive, wait for it to update the database, click the button, it adds the contents to the playlist and starts playing the first song.  The downside is if you have more then a few hundred songs on the drive; the playlist is to large for most devices to handle the large playlist that gets created.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #81 on: 27 Nov 2013, 02:45 am »
Hi Marius,

Last.fm is completely non functional, all your seeing is filler.  I do intend on creating a web front end for mplayer some time down the road.  This would give people the ability to play back audio files without the need to load them into MPD first.  The downsides would be you'd need to use our web GUI to playback audio files.  For those who are unaware of what mplayer is, it's a program capable of playing back almost any kind of media file.

I'm nearly done disk information, hopefully I'll be done tomorrow and will get started on the MPD page.  Until then you should be able to use the services page to stop MPD and start it backup without restarting the unit.

Cheers,
Chrs

Marius

« Reply #82 on: 27 Nov 2013, 07:46 am »
HI Chris,

That's just the thing, when it hangs, Manic Moose shows a different interface. How to stop/start the MPD on services, when it looks like this?

Np, i'll wait a few days..

Marius

Hi Marius,

Last.fm is completely non functional, all your seeing is filler.  I do intend on creating a web front end for mplayer some time down the road.  This would give people the ability to play back audio files without the need to load them into MPD first.  The downsides would be you'd need to use our web GUI to playback audio files.  For those who are unaware of what mplayer is, it's a program capable of playing back almost any kind of media file.

I'm nearly done disk information, hopefully I'll be done tomorrow and will get started on the MPD page.  Until then you should be able to use the services page to stop MPD and start it backup without restarting the unit.

Cheers,
Chrs

Marius

« Reply #83 on: 27 Nov 2013, 08:34 am »
Hi Chris,

updating to firmware 26 give this, it won't install:

What to do? Tried dl'ing it again, to no avail. There's no vmlinuz in this download? the progress bar stays empty on it.

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #84 on: 27 Nov 2013, 01:52 pm »
Hi Marius,

fsck.vfat -r /dev/sda1
reboot

If you could email or post the results of fsck, that would be fantastic.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #85 on: 27 Nov 2013, 02:04 pm »
mail sent, with all kinds of ip-spoof warnings.....
please help!

Marius

Hi Marius,

fsck.vfat -r /dev/sda1
reboot

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #86 on: 27 Nov 2013, 02:50 pm »
that was the trick, i forgot to ssh as root...

here goes:

root@192.168.0.174's password:
Linux bryston-bdp-1 3.2.0-4-486 #1 Debian 3.2.41-2 i586
                                Bryston BDP-1
                           Powered By Debian Linux
root@bryston-bdp-1:~# fsck.vfat -r /dev/sda1
fsck.fat 3.0.23 (2013-10-15)
Reclaimed 215938 unused clusters (884482048 bytes).
Free cluster summary wrong (0 vs. really 215938)
Perform changes ? (y/n) y
/dev/sda1: 52 files, 283281/499219 clusters
root@bryston-bdp-1:~# reboot

cheers,

Marius

Hi Marius,

fsck.vfat -r /dev/sda1
reboot

Cheers
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #87 on: 27 Nov 2013, 04:08 pm »
that was the trick, i forgot to ssh as root...

here goes:

root@192.168.0.174's password:
Linux bryston-bdp-1 3.2.0-4-486 #1 Debian 3.2.41-2 i586
                                Bryston BDP-1