Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012 ***(This tour has been filled)***

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012 (This tour has been filled)
« Reply #40 on: 14 Apr 2012, 12:25 am »
Do you need to borrow an amp while yours is on tour? I have a new TBI Millenia Class D amp that I can loan you until you get yours back.
No thanks.

If you come somehow fit Tom in really quick I'd love his impressions. Tom's the man. I believe him when he says just a day and then onto the next guy.

As I said, the tour has been filled.  This is not up for discussion. 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #41 on: 14 Apr 2012, 01:11 am »
If you come somehow fit Tom in really quick I'd love his impressions. Tom's the man. I believe him when he says just a day and then onto the next guy.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2012, 01:44 am by macrojack »

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #42 on: 14 Apr 2012, 01:16 am »
BTW, for all you guys who are downstream from me, I heartily recommend you listen to MJQ through these amplifiers. They must have been designed expressly for Milt Jackson.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #43 on: 14 Apr 2012, 01:45 am »
BTW, for all you guys who are downstream from me, I heartily recommend you listen to MJQ through these amplifiers. They must have been designed expressly for Milt Jackson.

MJQ?

Any specific Milt Jackson albums?

I am listening to Bags Meets Wes! And it is sounding excellent (as it always does).

George

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #44 on: 14 Apr 2012, 02:45 am »
Modern Jazz Quartet - Milt Jackson is the vibraphonist. It's called The Complete Last Album.

hifial

• Ambassador, Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio
    • Sound Test
« Reply #45 on: 14 Apr 2012, 04:21 am »
Hi Jason. First I have to say it is very generous of you to be willing to have your amps shipped all over the country.   I have been reading about the new Ncore amps over in the DIY forum for several months and on a few other web spots. Over the years I have owned Thata Digital Dreadnought MK II , Halcro MC2, Bryston 14B SST2. and finally Nuforce Ref 18 mono blocks. While all these amps are very good and some are better then the others, the Nuforce worked best for me. Having said that I have been very intrigued with Bruno and the Ncores he had been working for the last few years. So when I heard that he had finally finished the amp I went looking for information on them. Someone on the DIY forum mentioned that the AC had started talking about the Ncores so I made a stop and found your thread.
I realize that you have closed the tour and that is cool but I also noticed that on the tour there are a couple of stops in the NY-NJ-PA area. I live in NJ (by Giants Stadium) and wonder if you can pass on my email to the recipients of your amps in those areas. If any of them would be so kind as to give me an opportunity to hear the amps at their home I would greatly appreciate it. I belong to several audio clubs from NY and NJ and would like to give the members first hand feed back. My email is albythebeach at yahoo dot com.

Regards, Al.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: 14 Apr 2012, 11:56 am »
Al,

PM sent.  Of course if the members want to contact you via PM that's fine too.  Just keep in mind that they have 3 days with the amps max.   Of course the people that take less get bonus points.   :D

Rclark

Re: Hypex NCore USA Tour 2012 ***(This tour has been filled)***
« Reply #47 on: 14 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm »
 :green:
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2012, 03:35 am by Rclark »

OzarkTom

« Reply #48 on: 15 Apr 2012, 01:05 am »
Oh wow! I was just putting in a good word for Tom, he's a good guy and we chat a lot about amps. Nothing more nothing less.

And from now on nobody is allowed to be excited for or discuss what is already known about something they want. That's all I've done. I haven't manufactured anything. Just talking! It's a forum!

Oh well, by the time the tour got to me, Mola-Mola might have their version out, or close. I am sure Bruno held back a few sonic tricks from the DIY version. The Mola-Mola might have a better power supply.

OzarkTom

« Reply #49 on: 15 Apr 2012, 08:12 pm »
That Bruno may have good ears, but I worry about his eyes after seeing these pics of the new Mola-Mola products. It looks kinda wavy. You won't be stacking any components on top of this gear.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: 15 Apr 2012, 09:50 pm »
Oh well, by the time the tour got to me, Mola-Mola might have their version out, or close. I am sure Bruno held back a few sonic tricks from the DIY version. The Mola-Mola might have a better power supply.
Since the Mola Mola will have the NC1200's....the answer is no.  The other stuff coming out will be more interesting IMO. 

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/ncore2/1.html

OzarkTom

« Reply #51 on: 15 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm »
Since the Mola Mola will have the NC1200's....the answer is no.  The other stuff coming out will be more interesting IMO. 

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/ncore2/1.html

Sure wish I could be at the Munich show in Germany next month.

Now that would be a great line to distribute here in the US.

I could care less about the pre-amp, but a Dac with remote volume would be very nice.

Bjorn

« Reply #52 on: 17 Apr 2012, 08:55 am »
Talk about generousity!

If any of you compare Ncore with another amp for dedicated sub (or midbass) use, it would be great to hear feedback.

There's one here in Norway that have compared Ncore with UcD (and IcePower ASP) with his dipole columns and he says Ncore is noticeable better. UcD was the second best. His dipoles are crossed over quite high. This is surprising, but he's one of those few I trust. He's in many ways an objectivist and has dedicated room with loads of treatment (absorption, basstrapping and diffusion). And he sits in nearfield as you can see below.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #53 on: 17 Apr 2012, 12:23 pm »

I would like to hear his system. I forget his name now, a bit of a guru on DIYaudio.

Rocket_Ronny

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #54 on: 17 Apr 2012, 12:30 pm »
If any of you compare Ncore with another amp for dedicated sub (or midbass) use, it would be great to hear feedback.
I've ordered another pair of NC's for exactly that purpose.

Gopher

« Reply #55 on: 18 Apr 2012, 01:55 am »
Very cool gesture!

Wish I saw this thread earlier.  Looking forward to the feedback.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #56 on: 19 Apr 2012, 01:52 am »
I would like to hear his system. I forget his name now, a bit of a guru on DIYaudio.

Rocket_Ronny
I think that would be StigErik. His system has gone through eye popping changes over the last 3 years.
Interesting that he now has settled on B&G RD-75s in no baffle from 200Hz up:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planars-exotics/193618-b-g-rd-75-dipole-baffle-waveguide.html
 after going through such an elaborate variety of good drivers, and covers the bass with, I think 4 18" drivers a side (OB) and intends to go to 8 per side, I think.
Sorry for the diversion.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #57 on: 25 Apr 2012, 05:46 pm »
I just found this thread.  I posted on the other NCore thread that I'd like to listen to them, but it looks like I'm too late.  I'll PM Nick77 to see if I can hear it at his place.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: 25 Apr 2012, 05:48 pm »
I just found this thread.  I posted on the other NCore thread that I'd like to listen to them, but it looks like I'm too late.  I'll PM Nick77 to see if I can hear it at his place.
Probably a good idea as he's in the same town...

saisunil

« Reply #59 on: 26 Apr 2012, 04:21 pm »
I am in NYC - where can I listen to them in NYC / Tri-state area...

Thanks