« on: 5 Sep 2007, 07:14 pm »
Hi Danny,
  Any possibility of listening to LS6 or LS9 at RMAF? :drool: :drool:

Regards
barry

Danny Richie

Re: What will we see at RMAF 2007?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2007, 09:49 pm »
Well if I can figure out how to get it all up there then LS-9's with some really big blue Doddzilla amps on them.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 6 Sep 2007, 12:17 am »
I hope you can bring the LS-9's and the Dodd's!   :D

See you at RMAF!

FredT300B

« Reply #3 on: 6 Sep 2007, 11:12 am »
Transporting big heavy line arrays is a pain, but if you could bring the LS-9's and the OB-7's you and Gary would have the most interesting (and best sounding) rooms at RMAF. Especially true if the LS-9's were powered by his mega-amps and the OB-7's by his smaller monoblocks, each with the battery preamp. Not that it really matters to you, but even the mainstream high end audio mags might actually notice that you're there. :thumb:

Brad

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2007, 02:29 am »
Offtopic, but congratulations Fred on the announcement you're running from President. :thumb:
I would have announced on Letterman instead of Leno, but still a good tactic.

FredT300B

« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2007, 01:48 pm »
Offtopic, but congratulations Fred on the announcement you're running from President. :thumb:
I would have announced on Letterman instead of Leno, but still a good tactic.

Thanks, Brad. I'm sure that's the first of many comments I'll hear about the similarity of my name to that of a certain recenly announced presidential candidate. It's not me, and we're not related, but if I were running for president I would promise a pair of LS-9's for every family in the US. For my big corporate PAC contributors I would throw in a pair of Gary's big blues  :lol:

Now, back to the original thread, I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at the RMAF. I'm changing my name for the duration of the campaign, so my name tag will read John Thompson instead of Fred Thompson.

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2007, 02:59 pm »
RMAF is the best show anywhere in the world. I want to see and hear the LS9's, too.
We will have 5 people from Stereomojo there covering the show, so we're all anxious to go.

By the way, we will be publishing the first ever review of the LS6's in the next week or two. It's being written now.

Danny,consider your arm duly twisted to get those 9's to the show!

alotaklipsch

« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2007, 07:55 pm »
danny, Gary, seriously, contact Ted, or Elliott at Syn ergistic Research for there cable's to use, they are the BEST I have ever had in my system.  Yes, I know I am a dealer, But, I have tried MOST all high end, in my system.  I can also offer you my NWO 2.5T to use at the show, If you wanna have me bring it.  Let me know.
Steve :thumb: :green:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:26 am »
Spent some time this evening with Danny and Gary Dodd in the GR Research/ Dodd Audio room during their setup. Had some issues to work out, and tweak on the LS-6's, but the boys were getting it all worked out.

Wait'll you see the Dodd Amps, and the rest of Danny's Dodd stuff. There's a few new things no one has seen yet.  :drool:

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #9 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:41 am »
The LS-9's are at RMAF and cannot wait to hear them. :)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:45 am »
Spent some time this evening with Danny and Gary Dodd in the GR Research/ Dodd Audio room during their setup. Had some issues to work out, and tweak on the LS-6's, but the boys were getting it all worked out.

Wait'll you see the Dodd Amps, and the rest of Danny's Dodd stuff. There's a few new things no one has seen yet.  :drool:

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

I took a few pics and will try and post them in the morning.

I can tell you that amps are way bigger in person than in pics.

George

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:30 pm »
Pics, Pics!! Lets see them Zybar!

By the way, who's cabling GR's room?? aa

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:28 am »
I just hope someone got a picture of Danny when he saw what Gary brought.

I believe Danny uses his own cable, a design he and Gary came up with a year or so ago.

Cheers,
Russ

carvalhot

« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:42 am »
Please excuse the ignorant question, but who manufactures the LS9? I'll be at the show tomorrow and would love to hear!!!

mgalusha

« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2007, 02:47 am »
Danny designed the LS9 and sells kits but AV123 will be selling fully finished speakers - eventually. I asked Sean from AV123 when they would be shipping them this morning and his answer was don't ask me that. I'm guessing that means it will be a while.

Oh yeah, the LS6's driven by the big blue Dodd's were sounding pretty good this morning. Danny was kind enough to give me a little preview before the show started and he of course had to demonstrate the dynamics of the amp/speaker combo. No lack of power with that set up... :D

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #15 on: 13 Oct 2007, 05:22 am »
Here some pics of the GR Research LS 6's and LS 9's along with Dodd Audio and Red Rock Audio at RMAF 2007:

Cheers

jn316

« Reply #16 on: 14 Oct 2007, 12:06 am »
I asked Sean from AV123 when they would be shipping them this morning and his answer was don't ask me that. I'm guessing that means it will be a while.

No, more like "I get that question 20,000 times each day and I'm not going to say because it always gets us in trouble when/if we don't meet that date."  :nono:

I was at the show Friday and probably saw you...but didn't know you were from this forum. I'll be back Sunday and hope to meet ya.

Gary  :D

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2007, 04:20 am »
Just got back to the room after the show, then dinner and drinks at The Lift. 

I had a blast in the GR-Research room.  The LS-6's and Dodd gear sounded wonderful to me.  Wanted to thank Danny and Gary for putting up with my demo music over the three days.  :)

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2007, 05:16 pm »
I believe Danny uses his own cable, a design he and Gary came up with a year or so ago.

Cheers,
Russ

Russ,
That was my sorry attempt at trying to make a joke, Danny is using my cables.  :wink:

John

Edit: Reworded......
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2007, 05:50 pm by KCI-JohnP »

brj

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2007, 05:30 pm »
John, I didn't look behind the speakers to see what was actually in use, but Danny did have his Electra Cables ICs on display and for sale at the show.