First GR build: X-LS Encore

GregoryCollins

• Always learning...
Re: First GR build: X-LS Encore
« Reply #20 on: 7 Aug 2020, 06:46 pm »
Harbor Freight has 15' ratcheting band clamps for $7 each. Two or three of these combined with four regular F type clamps would work. I'd use the band claps for the four sides and the F clamps for the top and bottom.

Thanks. I’ll check with Harbor Freight. I’ll get the clamps.

I’m following Peter’s build videos.

Eldergod

« Reply #21 on: 6 Sep 2020, 09:39 pm »

Finished these up today. I’ll post some more pics shortly. They sound amazing so far even as I burn things in a bit. Way more bass than I expected. Had to turn the sub frequency and gain down to blend better. Extremely satisfying build. Great kit Danny!

Eldergod

« Reply #22 on: 6 Sep 2020, 09:40 pm »

Eldergod

« Reply #23 on: 6 Sep 2020, 09:40 pm »

Jmitchell3

« Reply #24 on: 7 Sep 2020, 01:24 pm »
Wow those look great! What did you use to texture the front baffles?

Eldergod

« Reply #25 on: 7 Sep 2020, 02:49 pm »
Some leftover DuraTex. I found it does a really nice low profile texture if I roll it until there is very little product left on the rollers provided. Since my volume of veneer was limited, I used this on the bottom and rear of the cabinet as well.

Danny Richie

« Reply #26 on: 8 Sep 2020, 01:06 am »
Wow, nice job on those. They look great.

Eldergod

« Reply #27 on: 10 Sep 2020, 12:06 am »
Thanks Danny. I’m incredibly pleased with these, and they continue to just get better. I have to tell you, these are the first speakers I can honestly say that I don’t feel like I’m listening to the speaker. I know that sounds ridiculous. I'm consistently startled by the actual sound of a voice, or instrument, or some other sound as if that thing was in the room. I’m hearing things in a whole new way. Thank you for that. And thanks for providing it in such an economical and novice friendly package. One more note.... the bass is really GOOD on these. Particularly for a ‘bookshelf’ speaker. In my small 11’x11’ room, I almost don’t need the sub. Almost...  :thumb:

tom739

« Reply #28 on: 10 Sep 2020, 09:10 pm »
Very nice build. I am also considering X-LS. And a few other of Danny's smaller designs.