Electrician installed two dedicated AC lines - Hum on both - What to do?

Cheeseboy

I think the 3 minutes on/off was the time it took for someone in the house to turn on or off a different light/appliance or whatever.  I don't think I'll be finished until the whole house is rewired.   

I don't know.  In the heat of things I just kinda forgot.

Cheeseboy

I did get a solid 2 nights to myself to give the system a good critical listen.   Thank you all for helping me with my AC hum issues. I am so very happy with all the new peices that have been introduced into the system as well.  The Uber AC filter with the Mongo Cable from PI Audio has done a great job increasing the quiet in between the notes.  It helped by itself with the soundstage width and depth.  Clearly AC Power Conditioning can have profoundly positive effects in Sound Quality. 

The Antimode took all of that good Uber work to the next level by taking much of the mid bass and bass modes out of the equation.  Running my CD via the optical output to the AntiMode has allowed me to take advantage of the DAC in the AntiMode.  It sounds head and shoulders better than the DAC in my CDP.  It added more of everything.  resolution, S/N, hiegth depth and everything in between.  The new AC lines added a little bit of sparkle to everything.  The last addition was a new AC cable for the outboard power supply for the AntiMode.   The bass is so incredibly tight and controlled.  Sometimes I wish for that flabby wooley bass note that guts you and makes something in the house rattle.  But not very often. 

I spent about $3K in these improvments.  I was lucky to find the Uber and the Mongo Cable used on Audiogon.  I feel like the system is more musical than ever.  All the soundstage and mode reduction increases could have been done with room treatments and other type of mechanical methodes.   I would have lost my girlfriend and would have a funny looking room in the woods.  This system is one of the top ten best I have ever heard.  There is little to do for improvement.  I'm sure I can find some things.  New crossovers and roll some cables.   

Dare I skip my preamp and go directly from the Antimode/DAC to the amp?   

jneutron

I think the 3 minutes on/off was the time it took for someone in the house to turn on or off a different light/appliance or whatever.

Your initial post seemed to indicate that it was cyclic.  That's why I was thinking about either an industrial process in the neighborhood which was causing a 3 phase imbalance with the resulting earth current, or even a neighbor with a well.  I had to find and fix a relative's well water system because the foot valve started leaking, so the pump would continue to cycle on and off to maintain domestic water pressure.

btw..trivial fact..  if you use a stethescope and a pickax, you can locate underground sounds..  Stab the pickax into the dirt, use the steth on the other end.  The pointy buried end will act as a directional mike.  By using that, I was able to get to within 2 feet of the head of the well, it was 5 feet underground.

jn