what Bryston amp for ml summit

nikolas

what Bryston amp for ml summit
« on: 13 Nov 2008, 03:42 pm »
Hi every one
can i drive martin logan summit with 2 amps one for esl and one for bass ? (2x Bryston 4Bsst-c 2x300w)

or is better 1 more power amp ? (Bryston 7Bsst-c 1x600w)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: what Bryston amp for ml summit
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2008, 04:53 pm »
Hi every one
can i drive martin logan summit with 2 amps one for esl and one for bass ? (2x Bryston 4Bsst-c 2x300w)

Hi Nikolas,

Generally speaking the bigger more capable amplifier will give better results than 2 smaller amplifiers.

james

niels

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2008, 03:32 pm »
You cannot biamp Summit since it has its own internal 250 watt amp for the bass. So you actually only need an amplifier for the electrostatic panel, but yes, a 4B SST per channel would be very nice indeed. The advantage here is you can place the amps close to the speakers and need only very short speaker cables.

nikolas

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2008, 02:25 pm »
You cannot biamp Summit since it has its own internal 250 watt amp for the bass. So you actually only need an amplifier for the electrostatic panel, but yes, a 4B SST per channel would be very nice indeed. The advantage here is you can place the amps close to the speakers and need only very short speaker cables.

thanks a lot

nikolas

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2008, 08:52 am »
Hi every one

Hi Nikolas,

Generally speaking the bigger more capable amplifier will give better results than 2 smaller amplifiers.

james

The Martin Logan Electrostatics Summit have a low impedance of 0.6 ohms but it is at 20,000 cycles so it's much easier for the 4bsst or 7bsst to deliver power into that frequencies.