Acoustimac Bass Traps

Scotman

Acoustimac Bass Traps
« on: 22 Feb 2023, 11:03 pm »
I told Jim I would post about these once I had a chance to really listen to them once installed. Well, here is my listening experience with the 48” X 24” bass traps from Acoustimac, installed behind my custom Veracity speakers. They are a one off that Jim built for another customer, I picked them up when the original customer moved and could not fit them in his new abode. Great for me as they are totally custom, go down to 25 Hrtz and are incredible. Due to my 13X19 living room and being rear ported I did not like them over 2 feet from the front wall, so a solution was looked for and I found it!

I found Acoustimac and called them, talked to them about my situation, what I wanted to do and this was the solution we came up with.I wanted to get them within a foot of the front wall (my eyes like that) but didn’t want to have any bloom/chuffing but wanted them to be good for my eyes…and ears. We decided on 2foot X 4 foot 6” bass traps to start with, behind the speakers. The colors they offer just happened to match the paint/color scheme in my living/listening room. So I placed the order, really pretty reasonable considering what I have already invested in my system. Around $350 for both of them. I can tell you I am more than pleased with this company, they were shipped quickly, were immaculate when they arrived. Color was as expected as you can see by the pictures (not great) of them behind the speakers.

Color aside, these bass traps are phenomenal, I have moved my speakers to within 6” of them and now 12” from the wall. Exactly what I wanted with no degrigation in sound, no bloom/chuff at all from the speakers. If you are looking for treatments for your room, I highly re ommend Acoustimac, great customer service and a great product. I am going to order up some 2’X2’ side wall treatments just to get the speakers closer to the side walls, that’s how much I like them. I love Salk speakers and Jim has been so much help along the way, thought I would pass this along in case anyone wants to utilize some really good sound treatments along the way, it certainly has helped me out.

Here are some (lousy) pictures of the installation. Keep on listening!

WGH

Re: Acoustimac Bass Traps
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2023, 11:15 pm »
Looks like a good way to tame the bass in a medium sized room. Love those speakers too!

Scotman

Re: Acoustimac Bass Traps
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2023, 11:23 pm »
Thanks, going to order some side wall traps from them as well, I have a very big picture window and that should really help eith reflections. Love these speakers and just want to make my living/listening room the best it can be! Jim does make some incredible speakers, never knew how much treatments make “so” much difference.