ACA 2b output impedence

rlinder

ACA 2b output impedence
« on: 29 Jun 2003, 03:10 pm »
I posted on audioasylum regarding the output impedence of the aca2b. It sounds as though the spec of 50,000 is unusual and may be a misprint unless it is a passive preamp. Perhaps mbarnes can confirm this spec. I'm mainly concerned because I would like to use an aca2b and 2 leamp2's with 10 foot innerconnects and do not want to find out the hard way that this will not work. From what I have read, right or wrong, it sounds like you could potentially loose high frequencies with such a setup.

Thanks for any response.

truant

ACA 2b output impedence
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2003, 05:57 am »
I'm using the ACA2b with 1.5M interconnects hooked up to IRD MB-100s. I can say that this works just fine. I know the setup you're inquiring about is somewhat different but thought I'd respond anyway. ..not much is being said about the ACA so far. I'm using Harmonic Tech Precision Links and the sound is sublime. My CDP is a modified Music HAll CD25. Speakers are Norh Prism 6.1s. I've had the ACA a couple of months now and the sound continues to get warmer and smoother and more transparent. I did recently switch back to my Audioquest Type4 speaker cables after having started out the ACA with Bolder M80s. The Audioquest cables sound warmer, weightier, and to my ears more accurate than the Bolder cables. I also hear details I was apparently missing through the Bolders. After more breakin I plan to switch back to verify this.