Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Desertpilot

• Retired
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
« on: 24 Nov 2021, 02:26 pm »
Now that many of our regular members have their speakers, I wish all of you a very happy holiday filled with glorious music.  Monday, my oldest son came by for an early Thanksgiving visit as he had to go back home yesterday.  He loves classical music like me and enjoys having an audiophile dad.  We played lots of music.  He was absolutely blown away by my X3s.  He noticed all the qualities we love about these speakers, decay on piano notes, clear vocals, tight bass (especially plucking of double bass strings).  It was a great time and I felt truly complemented on my setup.  My other son is also a budding audiophile but he is stuck in Boston for another year completing his medical residency (I'm proud but sad he is so far away).

I have truly enjoyed being a member of this community.  Thanksgiving is a great time to say thank you to all of you.

Marcus

catluck

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2021, 03:26 pm »
What?  Words of kindness and fellowship?? What's going on? Like Marcus, a family member (son-in-law), a 30-something, not passionate about music (but crazy for artisnal beer and coffee), was sitting in the kitchen while Lee Konitz (Tranquility) was doing his thing through the M3's.  Son-in-law volunteered, "Man, those speakers sound good..."  The "lay person's take."  What followed was a discussion about the system including amazement that speaks could cost $5K!  Anyhow, there is no doubt that music, as Schopenhauer noted, provides the most direct connection to the emotions. Warmth, comradery, gratitude for being together, hell, it almost makes one hopeful.  An acknowledgement of the contribution SA has made to my life is due. A toast to all.

dallaire1

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2021, 11:46 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Desertpiolot !!

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2021, 12:02 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your families!  The DHL stork is scheduled to deliver my Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC on 11/30/21.  Break in time will be fun!

Good bless you all!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2021, 12:53 am »
So glad to be a part of the Spatial 'family' :thumb: