SHAME SHAME on you Louis!!!

powerbench

« on: 6 Jun 2005, 09:48 pm »
I thought I grab everyones attention with that opener.

This morning I received my Mini Me's from Mr Louis ( I call him Mr for reasons Ill explain later).I opened the box to find  the most well packed speakers I have ever seen.Needless to say i was impressed :mrgreen: .Details impress me.Anyone who takes such care in packing speakers must;A.care about his product B.takes pride in details C.wants his customer get an undamaged speaker especially across the US/Canada border.Right away I knew i was in for a treat.
I unwrapped the speaker and I was awestruck.Louis had agreed to discount me for a production set which was supposed to be flawed.I have to say what i saw was one of the most beautiful finishes on a speaker ever!!I have worked somewhat in carpentry and I was floored!!!Any blemishes that existed were not even noteworthy.If thses are blemished I like to see the good stuff.
The pics on the website dont do the speakers justice.I mean there  are  alot of great looking speakers out there but  DAMN  Louis these are too nice for the price.SHAME SHAME on you Louis for making such a gorgeous product.
So anyways I hooked them up to the ClariT and the Vinnie modded 3960.If you  check  the Red Wine site  you see my impressions of these gems.
Taste is something that is basic to all men,it drives our appetite,whether for food,art,possessions or sex.I think the Mini me's compliment Vinnie's inventions.The end product is something that  has a certain flavor which again is clear,distinct and  full of life.It is for reproducing the soul of music in  certain genres.Its about meeting the appetite for a true musical experience.Both Vinnie and Louis have discovered something here.

Its that simple no BS..I work hard for my buck I dont like wasting money.The Mini Me's are above what I expected in fit,finish and function.

Louis I call you Mr.Louis cuz dude I am just amazed,thank you.When your up in Canada ever again call me  :lol: I owe you a cold  beer(we know Canadian beer is the best). :D

powerbench

PS...
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2005, 11:43 pm »
these comments are by my free will...  by no means are these guys compensating me in any way.I am just grateful :P and believe they deserve  good feedback :rock:

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2005, 12:08 am »
Glad to see a fellow Canuck happy with dealing with a cross border transaction...

Run those speakers in, and then cart them down to me!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: PS...
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2005, 12:19 am »
Quote from: powerbench
these comments are by my free will...  by no means are these guys compensating me in any way.

Hi Mark G.,

Great, I guess I can cancel that big check that I was about to send you for your nice post  :wink:    :mrgreen:

We really appreciate your feedback, and please keep us informed as you get past the break-in process (break in for the modded Toshiba, Clari-T, and Mini MEs)...

Luckly, the Mini ME drivers do not need nearly as much break-in time as the Fostex.  I believe Louis mentioned 50 hours will do the trick.  Mine probably have less than 50 hours, but already are working out great.

Fo from Positive Feedback is now reviewing a stock Clari-T-Amp (no volume control...he will be using his own passive preamp and an active preamp) with the Mini MEs... can't wait for that review to come out!   :P

Thanks again,

powerbench

You and Louis are very welcome...
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2005, 12:41 am »
You guys are both class acts  with great products,and yes Ill still cash that cheque (nb.the correct Canadian spelling of 'check') 8)

Its not very often I can say  I have felt  satisfied thoroughly with a purchase.This has nothing to with with price it has to do with quality of service....Oops Flight of the Valkryies is playing on  the new gear!!! Cool crank it up!! This thing is crazy loud just at 10 oclock....man you re-wrote the book on what a watt or 6 can do. :!: No sh*t :o

Louis O

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2005, 02:05 am »
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your great post.

It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so happy your enjoying your system. The Mini Me's and the Clari t go so well together at a really great price. I listen to mine all the time. They do take a little time to loosen up, but not at all like the Super 3s.

Thanks again for your great compliments regarding the cabinets and your right, they do look much better in person.

I got to have Vinnie mod up a Toshiba for me too.

Talk to you soon,
Louis

powerbench

Back at Ya
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2005, 02:58 am »
Vinnie /Louis again your very welcome.

Its exciting  to be experiencing music this way.If Tripath had a brain they have Louis and Vinnie work with them.OH well I think audio world is better off with some independant creativity. :mrgreen:

I hope these guys get the publicity they deserve.Theyre onto to something REAL BIG.