211 tubes

marc513

211 tubes
« on: 25 Oct 2021, 09:29 pm »
    Hello to all that use a 211 tube in there amps. Looking at all the new 211 tubes there seems to be
A very large amount different tubes at all kinds of prices . Are the high dollar ones worth it . I am not
looking at NOS tubes just ones that are new . I use a NAT SE2SE2  amp that requires 2 tubes per mono
Block . What are your experience with the many choices out there . I have seen prices from about 120$
To 1500$ per pair . So what are you people using I have Sino 211 ok but not great ,Pavane 211 T 2 and
I like them and am using them now. I don’t have unlimited money far from it but maybe you guys have
Your own favorite so let’s here about what you use . Again not looking for NOS TUBES to much money for
Me.
Thanks Marc

kernelbob

Re: 211 tubes
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2021, 11:42 pm »
I'm running 211 tubes in my True Balanced Monoblock amps from Lampizator.  The amps originally had KR labs 211 tubes which sounded very nice, but I knew that eventually I would need to have replacements on hand.  I bought a quad of the Sino 211 tubes to get a baseline of what quality I could expect at a low price.

The Sino tubes worked out well.  I'm running a biamped system with the 211 amps driving only the midrange/tweeter section.  I run solid state monoblocks on the bass (Spectron Musician III mk2).

I only briefly listened to the Lampizator amps running full range, but my speakers (VSA VR100XS) use dynamic drivers and the bass drivers really benefit with high damping factor amps to keep them under tight control.  Since my 211 amps use no feedback (neither local or global), they have no feedback loop blurring so the midrange on up is gloriously coherent.  The bass amps' feedback loop (a very fast 500 kHz), result in remarkably rich spatial imaging, instrument isolation, and subtle timbre resolution.

Bottom line, if you're going to run the 211's full range, then the Sino's may not be up to the task depending on you tolerance for less than absolute perfection.  In my system, running the Sino's only on the mid/treble, the result is very satisfying.