Audioholics in and around Trenton, NJ

aewhistory

• Trenton Makes, The World Takes!
Audioholics in and around Trenton, NJ
« on: 31 Oct 2010, 08:20 am »
Well, the subject pretty much says it all.  I'm interested in finding other audio/home theater fans in and around Trenton, NJ.

-Aaron/AEWHistory

Charles Xavier

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Re: Audioholics in and around Trenton, NJ
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm »
Thank you Mr Xavier.

AE - There are a few folks in S. Jersey, and Shadowlight East of you in Princeton. The Mid-A is kinda quiet however.

On the other hand the NY group is very active, and a few of those folks are actually N. Jersey.

And head West across the river, there's a few souls around Allentown, and North of that is 'THE LAND OF PUMPKINMAN', but folks of a more 'genteel' nature try to avoid him.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #3 on: 3 Nov 2010, 08:17 pm »
Thanks Gene for the wonderful introduction
and North of that is 'THE LAND OF PUMPKINMAN', but folks of a more 'genteel' nature try to avoid him

I'm Ok on a good day I promise AEWHistory  :lol:

shadowlight

« Reply #4 on: 3 Nov 2010, 08:33 pm »
Aaron,
I am just 15 or so miles straight on Rt.1 North in South Brunswick/Princeton area.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm »
and North of that is 'THE LAND OF PUMPKINMAN', but folks of a more 'genteel' nature try to avoid him

How about Thanksgiving Bill,,, is that a good day for ya.  :green:  Come about dessert time,,, I'll be thinking of ya when I throw a dallop of whip cream on a slice of your ancestors.  :jester:

Cheers,
Robin (only 5 hours away)  :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2010, 11:34 pm »
Dudes,
Totaly interested in raving with some fellow South Jersey audio-heds 8).
I live in Tuckerton, 08087, about 1.5 hours from Princeton.
Lets set something up :thumb:

Rodge

aewhistory

« Reply #7 on: 4 Nov 2010, 07:25 pm »
This is great!  A very nice start indeed.  Maybe we can set up some sort of little audio group.  I've already got a name  :green:   -

Trenton
Audio
Recording &
Theater
Society

TARTS!  No?  Okeedokee, we'll go with something else.

But seriously, this sounds great.  I've got a small group of friends here in the Trenton area already 'into' home theater and audio, although not fanatically like some of us (well, me).  My cousin has a setup of NHT Super Zeros, and my friend Dave bought my old Allison Fours and Ohm Model F's and uses those as a home theater.  My wife will be thrilled... she'd love for me to find a way to hear other speakers without actually buying them... heh heh.

How should be set this up?

-Aaron

aewhistory

« Reply #8 on: 4 Nov 2010, 07:27 pm »
Dudes,
Totaly interested in raving with some fellow South Jersey audio-heds 8).
I live in Tuckerton, 08087, about 1.5 hours from Princeton.
Lets set something up :thumb:

Rodge

Rodge, is Tuckerton down around Salem by any chance?  I lived in Pennsgrove/Carney's Point for about two years back in the early-90s, but I can't recall where Tuckerton is.... although I suppose that why G-d made maps, eh?   :lol:  I'll have to go look it up.

All the best,
Aaron

rodge827

« Reply #9 on: 4 Nov 2010, 08:53 pm »
aewhistory,
No not near Salem. I'm in Ocean County on the mainland across from LBI, Beach Haven to be exact. GSP exit 58 or the very southern end (or begining, depends on how you look at it) of Rt 539.
Rodge

aewhistory

« Reply #10 on: 7 Nov 2010, 07:09 am »
Ah, I see.  Not at all where I was thinking.  This reminds me, I really need to go to the shore more often....

So, what sort of AV stuff are you into?

best,
Aaron

aewhistory

« Reply #11 on: 7 Nov 2010, 07:12 am »
Aaron,
I am just 15 or so miles straight on Rt.1 North in South Brunswick/Princeton area.

Sounds great Shadow!  Would you like to shoot me a PM?  I'm hoping we can put together a little group.

Aaron

aewhistory

« Reply #12 on: 7 Nov 2010, 07:15 am »

Awww, no worries.....  my wife says I'm barely decent on a good day!   :wink:  Actually, whenever she catches me looking at electronics on the computer she says that I'm "plotting."  Of course, this is not plotting, it is scheming/planning!  Much different.....  yup, completely different.

-Aaron

PS- can I respond to multiple messages with one message?  I've seen that on other boards, but I'm not very good at using it.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #13 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:07 am »
Awww, no worries.....  my wife says I'm barely decent on a good day!   :wink:  Actually, whenever she catches me looking at electronics on the computer she says that I'm "plotting."  Of course, this is not plotting, it is scheming/planning!  Much different.....  yup, completely different.

-Aaron

PS- can I respond to multiple messages with one message?  I've seen that on other boards, but I'm not very good at using it.

We will be hunting some new music today I sent you a PM  join us.........Bill

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #14 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:48 am »
Wives, can't live with 'em, and it's against the law to murder them.  :scratch:

rodge827

« Reply #15 on: 7 Nov 2010, 12:32 pm »
Ah, I see.  Not at all where I was thinking.  This reminds me, I really need to go to the shore more often....

So, what sort of AV stuff are you into?

best,
Aaron
I have a basic 6.1 AV system for the living room. I'm really into my two channel tube and horn system in my listening room. :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #16 on: 7 Nov 2010, 12:35 pm »
Wives, can't live with 'em, and it's against the law to murder them.  :scratch:
Only if you get caught :green:

mfsoa

« Reply #17 on: 7 Nov 2010, 01:19 pm »
I'm in Hunterdon, NJ  (actually on Rt. 579, which runs directly into Trenton, ~ 30 miles from my house). Just had some of the guys responding to this post over a few weeks ago.
If there is activity in the Mercer etc, area lemme know, I just might wanna join in the fun.
My big bad Cherry amp loves to make the rounds if you are interested...

-Mike

putz

« Reply #18 on: 7 Nov 2010, 04:52 pm »
I'm in Somerset County. Been to Shadowlight's place once to compare his Rocket 850s to my ML Mosaics and to Evan's on SI. I'm now running Salk Songtowers and SongCenter in a Home Theater/Analog setup which includes vinyl.

I'd be open to participating in any events held in the area. Seems like the NY ravers have gone underground so this might work for Central Jersey guys

shadowlight

« Reply #19 on: 31 Mar 2012, 12:24 am »
Resurrecting old thread.  In case folks have not seen the announcement of Zu Audio Tour in Princeton NJ on July 7th