Should we come up with a cool name for our meetings?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Chris,

Every regional circle seems to have a name for their get togethers.  Should we come up with one too?  Something that will reflect our regional flavor?

Somethings like Bash, Mash, Soiree, Gala, Tea, Bee, Service, Session, Mass, Gather, Union, Pow-Wow, Jamboree, Orgy, Bacchanalia, etc., etc.

Of course, we should have one every now and then to warrent a name.:wink:

JoshK

Re: Should we come up with a cool name for our meetings?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2006, 02:33 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
Somethings like ...., Orgy, ....

What have you guys been doing?!  :o

woodsyi

• Volunteer
Re: Should we come up with a cool name for our meetings?
« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2006, 02:49 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Somethings like ...., Orgy, ....

What have you guys been doing?!  :o

Not what you are thinking! :lol: A musical one, Josh.  

An orgy is a group activity involving "unrestrained indulgence."

If you just qualify by adding an "audio" in there, it seems to pretty much describe what we do when a bunch of us get together in this hobby.  :P

PhilNYC

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2006, 04:45 pm »
So "MAAC Orgy" it is!  

Joules

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2006, 05:02 pm »
I kind'a like "Soiree"

Chris_B

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2006, 01:14 am »
How about the host gets to pick his/her favorite.  That would be you more often than not Woodsyi :).

When I host my first MAAC get together, it will be the Mid Atlantic Audio Circle Plenum.  Pick which ever definition you feel most applies  :lol: .

ple·num  
n. pl. ple·nums or ple·na (pln, pln)

1. An assembly or meeting with all members present.
   2. A condition, space, or enclosure in which air or other gas is at a pressure greater than that of the outside atmosphere.
   3. The condition of being full; fullness.
   4. A space completely filled with matter.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2006, 04:28 am »
Quote from: PhilNYC
So "MAAC Orgy" it is!  
Sounds like a new product from McDonalds....try the new Maacorgy ...."hey, you want fries with that?".... :lol:
    Woodsyi....I had to go look this one up....
Bacchanalia.......now I see where you found it...."One of the best-known melodies from Camille Saint-Saëns's 1877 opera Samson and Delilah (opera) is the Bacchanalia". :wink: [/list:u]

PhilNYC

« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2006, 04:56 am »
What's the Mid-Atlantic known for?  The only thing I could come up with are crab shacks.  The MAAC Audio Crab Fest?? :lol:

Gordy

« Reply #8 on: 2 Mar 2006, 05:05 am »
I'm not too sure I like where this is all going... First we have a Maac orgy which, of course, leads to the Maac crabs so what next?  Maac Blue ointment???  I think I like Chris_B's idea best, Plenum #2, a room full of pressurized hot air!!!   :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 2 Mar 2006, 05:18 am »
To be fair....NY and NJ are part of the Mid-Atlantic region..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_States  .
    As defined by the US Census Bureau, the Mid-Atlantic is a division of the U.S. Northeast region, and comprises New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The states of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia, as well as Washington, D.C. are treated as being in the Southern United States region.

[/list:u]
      So...from the above quote....you guys are southerners... :scratch: [/list:u]

woodsyi

• Volunteer
    « Reply #10 on: 2 Mar 2006, 01:15 pm »
    Quote from: lonewolfny42
      So...from the above quote....you guys are southerners... :scratch: [/list:u]

I guess I have been serving the wrong kind of foods.  I will be serving some chitlins, pork rinds, fried okra, cole slaw and grits on the next one.   :lol:  :lol:

PhilNYC

« Reply #11 on: 2 Mar 2006, 01:30 pm »

I guess I have been serving the wrong kind of foods.  I will be serving some chitlins, pork rinds, fried okra, cole slaw and grits on the next one.   :lol:  :lol:

Oh yeah!  I'm there!  Let me know when the next "Southern Orgy" is happening... :inlove:

SWG255

So we are not MAAC?
    « Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2006, 09:11 pm »
    If we're not in the mid-Atlantic, do we have to rename our group now? How about just Woodsyi's Audio Club? :)

Dave G

« Reply #13 on: 13 Mar 2006, 12:46 am »
    Nah, if we're not in the Mid-Atlantic, it's gotta be either the Woodsyi Audio Society (WAS) or the Beltway Audio Group (BAG -- motto:  "I'm in the BAG!").

:mrgreen:

Dave