Acoustat 2+2 full range electrostatic speakers <<Sold>>

Mercury3

Acoustat 2+2 full range electrostatic speakers

I purchased these speakers new back in 1985. They have both the blue and red interface updates. In addition the interfaces were just restored by Roy (ex-Acoustat engineer (invoice shown)) July of 2014. The pictures are prior to the transformer updates and I've also since replaced the covers with black.

These have never been over driven as I've always ran them with subwoofers. Most of their life was driven by an Audio Research Classic 60 tube amp. (very good match)

Asking little over book due to just having spent over $500 for the interface/transformer restoration (receipt included) and new covers. I washed the old covers which could be used if white is desired.

Note: These speakers are eight feet tall thus I cannot safely ship these speakers. I need to find a local buyer or someone willing to come pick them up in the Denver Area.  Also I'd like to be able to demonstrate the quality of these speakers.

Asking $1300 or best offer

Note: I have two sets of speakers for sale.  These and some B&W 801's.  I only need to sell one pair as it's all the room I have.  I'm happy to keep which ever pair does not sell.  Both are awesome speakers in their own ways.

« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2015, 05:39 pm by Mercury3 »

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Re: Acoustat 2+2 full range electrostatic speakers
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2014, 07:36 pm »
Post where they are located for local sale.
Good luck.

Ron D

Re: Acoustat 2+2 full range electrostatic speakers
« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2014, 07:50 pm »
I believe they are in Denver area....

"Note: These speakers are eight feet tall thus I cannot safely ship these speakers. I need to find a local buyer or someone willing to come pick them up in the Denver Area.  Also I'd like to be able to demonstrate the quality of these speakers."