Rogue Ares Phono Preamp with Blue Cinemag SUT upgrade - SOLD!

Zkidd

Sold!

Offered for your consideration is a Rogue Ares phonostage in black. While this is not the Magnum version of the Ares, this unit does have the $400 upgraded CineMag "Blue" step-up transformers which bring your vinyl playback to a higher level. The Ares phono preamp is a very versatile phono preamp where loadings are concerned and there is probably not a cartridge out there that cannot be accommodated by this preamp. There are several excellent reviews of the Rogue Ares online so be sure to check them out. The following is just one example of the excellent reviews the Ares receives:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/12/06/ares/

I am thinking of going to an all balanced system hence the reason for the sale. If this unit had XLR outputs / was balanced it would not be going anywhere. The unit has brand new Genelax Gold Lion re-issued 12AU7 and 12AX7 tubes ($160.00 value) plus it has a HiFi Tuning fuse ( $50 value and which, IMHO, makes a difference). For those not quite familiar with the Rogue Ares the unit has a separate power supply and is connected to the phonostage via umbilical cords. Unit is conservatively rated an "8" but a "9" would be more accurate. I more often than not estimate conditions of my equipment a little lower than I should, just to be on the safe side. Unit is also working as designed and there are no mechanical or electrical issues known to me.

I am open to offers but lowball offers will be ignored. As I said, this unit is remarkable and many reviewers state it is one of the best phono preamps under $5K. I had to spend a lot more to better this unit and I am not so sure I was wise to do so, but I did so something has to go so as to make the bride happy, and hence, make me happy as well.

Shipping is to the continental USA. Shipping will be via FedEx. Due to the value of the unit it will be shipped with a signature required at the receiving end. Too many "porch pirates" out there as of late to leave expensive items sitting on the porch waiting to be picked off. Sorry if that is a problem but I do not wish to have to make a claim with anyone for a lost or stolen package. Thanks for understanding.

Please feel free to e-mail with any questions. Again, thank you for your time. Please check my feedback on Audiogon under "zkidd" and see that I have nothing less than a 100% positive.

Well, it seems that the bride is anxious for me to sell this as I have bought too much and since I am retired she believes the money needs to be save or spent on other things, so I guess I am going to have a "firesale". So here is a new price. $1300 and that will include shipping to the lower 48 states plus I eat PP fees. My domestic tranquility means a home run for whoever gets this...

[/b]
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2019, 04:58 am by Zkidd »

Zkidd

Re: Rogue Ares Phono Preamp with Blue Cinemag SUT upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2019, 06:46 am »
Bump with new price !!!!!!