User Name Change

Mike-48

User Name Change
« on: 15 Jan 2020, 06:02 am »
I'm the user formerly known as "Mike in NC." I've been participating on AudioCircle for quite a while, and finally I asked the admins to change my user name, as we moved from North Carolina to Portland, Oregon, about 10 years ago.  AC asks for a re-introduction in such cases.

I have an up-to-date equipment profile and such, so I'll just say that I'm happy to continue on AC, home of some great discussions.
My interests include
  • Classical music, bluegrass/string band, and jazz, with some favorite composers being Bach, Scarlatti, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Dvorak
  • I listen also to contemporary composers & new performances of some of the old ones
  • Home-network streaming
  • Room acoustics
  • DSP and subwoofers
  • Electrostatic and panel speakers (I owned Apogees and now own Janszens)
Being a longtime concertgoer of classical and other acoustic music, I look for good, full-range timbre reproduction in an audio system.
I have hundreds of hi-res recordings, and IMO excellence in recording and mastering is the most important factor in a great-sounding release, not bit depth nor sample rate (given Redbook as a minimum).
I think it's rare that one component "blows away" another in the same general price class, and equally rare that some special chip or technology has a lock on good sound. More likely, different products appeal to different ears and tastes.
Mike

ntjetsmoke

Re: User Name Change
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2020, 06:14 am »
Welcome to the AC!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2020, 08:47 am »
Hoedy, Mike_48!

Portland, OR....I've heard of that place.  :lol: I'll be in the area in a week or so due to pressing matters that require my attention.

Michael

Mike-48

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2020, 01:11 am »
Thanks for the messages. Michael, hope things go well. It won't be possible during this visit, but I hope at a future visit to host you for a listening session.  M.

fbny71

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2020, 05:19 pm »
Enjoy the new user name!