RMAF 2015 - Tyson & Pez's Coverage - Our Last Hurrah, Peace Out

jhm731

Am i missing an inside joke about rule #1?  Wouldn't both Harbeth and Odyssey qualify to be skipped?  Just curious.

I asked the same thing above:

"Based on rule 4, LampizatOr,ModWright Instruments, Inc., Harbeth,VPI Industries and Vinnie Rossi have all received mainstream coverage, so they don't need show coverage from you."

But you have to understand this is Tyson's World, so logic doesn't apply.

Folsom

Reading these threads are killing me because I can't see a feasible way to make it this year...

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Apparently the foundry ruined the dc10 Gottenburg Odin's horns and they will not debut at RMAF this year. Just saving you a trip to the Hyatt unless there are other rooms you're going there to see any way.

Room 586 is sounding really nice with the MSB DAC > Audio Techne 211 tube monoblocks > dc10 Berlin R speakers right at the first go, and they are tweaking the setup right now. I'm bringing a couple of bass traps to tame a tiny bit of boom that will probably disappear with better speaker positioning anyway. The speakers are have a controlled dispersion pattern so room treatments aren't as critical, but that doesn't help below the Schroder frequency...

Resolution Audio brought a large array of room treatments to the Vapor/Lampi/Verastarr room (2024), and the Perfect Storm speakers are larger than life, this is going to be awesome...

Tomy2Tone

Dave, what do you mean by ruin exactly?

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Dave, what do you mean by ruin exactly?

There were imperfections in the casting/finishing. I don't know all the details but they were not deemed acceptable.