Craig's smokey silver quilted maple SongTowers

jsalk

Craig's smokey silver quilted maple SongTowers
« on: 6 Apr 2011, 04:00 pm »
First, I'll admit to being a slacker where it comes to posting pictures.  We have quite a collection of pictures we have not yet posted, so I'll try and post a few each day for a while in order to catch up.

Craig wanted a pair of SongTowers in a smokey silver finish.  But he did not want the guitar burst effect we have done quite often in the past.  He also wanted to use a really nice quilted maple for his SongTowers.

Here is a picture...

And a close-up...

I love the quilted maple and think they really turned out nice.

Happy listening Craig!

- Jim

Jumpin

Re: Craig's smokey silver quilted maple SongTowers
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2011, 04:24 pm »
Wow, great pictures - but because of the wood involved, I'll bet they look so much better in person.

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2011, 05:00 pm »
Wow, great pictures - but because of the wood involved, I'll bet they look so much better in person.

True.  Our owners usually comment that the photos do not do the speakers justice.  Photography simply isn't one of my strong suits.

- Jim

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2011, 06:00 pm »
You've got my attention.  I'm thinking silver front to gunmetal gray sides combo.

Photon46

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2011, 11:04 pm »
Very nice aesthetics on this pair Jim, great job. I saw these and immediately wondered how the aluminum fascias I saw on an earlier pair of Songtowers would look with the grey maple.

studiotech

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2011, 12:56 am »
That looks spectacular!  Wish I could see it in person.

Greg - www.phatplanetstudios.com

ebag4

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2011, 01:40 am »
Gorgeous!! :thumb: :thumb:

Best,
Ed

Nuance

« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2011, 01:50 am »
Those are some real beauty's, Craig!  Congrats man, and welcome to the Salk family.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2011, 02:04 am »
Wow, that's the kind of unbelievably beautiful woodwork that's befitting of a very fine, very rare, musical instrument.

Gorgeous work, Mr. Salk. Very fine.  :thumb:

sierrarider

« Reply #9 on: 7 Apr 2011, 02:36 am »
Wow, those are beautiful! I can't wait until mine arrive on Monday!

woodsart

« Reply #10 on: 7 Apr 2011, 02:55 pm »
Gosh, Jim, these are beyond description!!! I am stunned with the unique individuality of this look. You are an outstanding craftsman.

And Congratulations Craig for a very difference pair of The Salk Song Towers.

R

Zerogravity

« Reply #11 on: 8 Apr 2011, 06:47 pm »
Those are outstanding! They make even fine furniture seem rather mundane. Of course you also get the added benefit of world class sound quality from a MTM designed loudspeaker.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #12 on: 8 Apr 2011, 08:07 pm »
Looks like a black n' white picture to me.  :scratch:  I'm just not feelin' it myself but I have an idea I'd like them more if seen in person.  :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin

vermont99

« Reply #13 on: 9 Apr 2011, 01:19 pm »
I think they look fantastic lots of luck and enjoy the music. I ordered my HT3’s in Curly Maple but stained black with highlights told Jim to do what he though looked best, can’t wait to see how they turned out they should be almost completed its been 41 days.   

nature boy

« Reply #14 on: 9 Apr 2011, 01:27 pm »
WOW :D

Jim, your speakers are instruments of beautiful sound and form.  Simply incredible.

NB

nov

« Reply #15 on: 10 Apr 2011, 12:35 am »
Hey, those are mine!!!
Sorry for not posting sooner but I've been doing alot of traveling which means I've had little time to enjoy my new speakers  :cry:.
I went for this colour to match the colour scheme in our home theatre and as everyone says they look even better in person.
I had a couple of conversations with Jim explaining what I was after and I couldn't be happier with the results.
They're connected to a new Anthem receiver and although I've only run ARC once, the sound is  :thumb:  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I'll post some pictures shortly and give more impressions on the sound once i've has some more time with them.