An integrated amp for Salk HT3

stereodad

Re: An integrated amp for Salk HT3
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jan 2013, 05:09 pm »
After trying a couple other amps I am back to using my DK/Lsa integrated on my HT3s At 300  watts into 4 ohms even at very high db levels I get no clipping.I'm not sure why my experience is different then Revrobs but I agree it is a seductive amp,that for me really works well the HT3s.

carusoracer

« Reply #21 on: 23 Feb 2013, 04:08 am »
More power, more power :scratch:

I tend to say that quality power is much more important. Stick with what you have if you like it.

My HT3's continue to amaze me when you feed them good quality components. They really seem to reveal any weak link throughout the entire chain of your rig.  I auditioned and ran thru several different amps, too numerous to name :oops:  my current setup has been settling in nicely for over a year and the only thing I want to do to the amps is upgrade some parts.

Good luck

revrob

« Reply #22 on: 1 Mar 2013, 10:01 pm »
Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments. I have sold my Salk HT3's and they were great speakers. The Salk family is amazing and I do appreciate all of the advice and support from Jim and all others. I moving on to a less demanding speaker. I have not found it yet and so the journey begins.

With much appreciation and love,
Steve

MaxCast

« Reply #23 on: 1 Mar 2013, 10:29 pm »
More power, more power :scratch:

I tend to say that quality power is much more important. Stick with what you have if you like it.

My HT3's continue to amaze me when you feed them good quality components. They really seem to reveal any weak link throughout the entire chain of your rig.  I auditioned and ran thru several different amps, too numerous to name :oops:  my current setup has been settling in nicely for over a year and the only thing I want to do to the amps is upgrade some parts.

Good luck

Would that be your Dodd 120's?

kenreau

« Reply #24 on: 1 Mar 2013, 11:39 pm »
For that budget range, I say ditto on the Luxman integrateds mentioned below for a little more relaxed high quality sound and a SimAudio integrated for a little more speed and snap.  Another one I've wanted to hear is the Odyssey Cyclops(?) integrated for a bargain price <$1K.  There was one for sale in the trading post a few days ago. 

Kenreau

carusoracer

« Reply #25 on: 8 Mar 2013, 05:35 pm »
I really like the sound of the Dodd 120's. Very good Tube Amps. I can't say they have more power than other amps that have been in my system, but they really do portray a very nice sonic landscape with limitless boundaries to the soundstage. Couple them with a very good quality pc and it is like night and day.

They do not provide that ultimate control over the TC Sounds woofer like the Modwright K150 or Mac 252 that I had in my rig for awhile. But they are both some massively built SS Amps that are very big and beefy with good damping qualities. On the other hand I prefer the 120's in all other aspects and can enjoy hours of listening without fatigue. It would take a KT88 type tube and most likely another 20 watts to to equal the ultimate bass the other two provide. But side by side blind testing for anything except hard rock or acid jazz, I luv the sound of the tube bass that the Dodd's serve up.

Would that be your Dodd 120's?