Soundscape 10s Arrive

vintagebob

Soundscape 10s Arrive
« on: 10 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm »
It was a bit of a wait for these but it was worth it.  The build took over 5 months (woofer driver shortage) and then the delivery scheduled for 12:00PM on Friday did not take place until 8PM.

They come packaged on a pallet.

Ours were finished in Figured Eucalyptus with a Cherry hardwood trim.  Jim had to work around the black top but as usual he and his team made it work.  We were EXTREMELY impressed with the craftsmanship that went into these speakers.

The sound is better in every way when compared to the HT2-TLs.  Image, soundstage, clarity, air and bass are all taken to another level and I really haven't experimented with the placement yet.  These are emotionally engaging speakers and they really draw you into the music.  I'll try to capture more of my thoughts after I have spent some time with them.

Thank you Jim!  I applaud all of the work that you and your team poured into these speakers, from designing them to crafting them and even to boxing them up to survive the trip to sunny CA.

highfilter

Re: Soundscape 10s Arrive
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2011, 11:24 pm »
Congratulations! Very light and different from a lot of the other Soundscapes.

Have fun getting to know them. Positioning is very important and they love a lot of space behind them (getting away from the walls).

Treatments are looking good. Enjoy.  :)

Meicheng

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:22 am »
Those are beautiful.  If you are in the SF Bay Area part of Sunny California I would be tempted to invite myself over for a listen!!! I think you need a good size room for the Soundscapes and from the photos you certainly have that.  Congrats on your new speakers.

Kinger

« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:26 am »
Bet these sound as good as they look.

vintagebob

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:27 am »
Those are beautiful.  If you are in the SF Bay Area part of Sunny California I would be tempted to invite myself over for a listen!!! I think you need a good size room for the Soundscapes and from the photos you certainly have that.  Congrats on your new speakers.

I'm in San Jose and I will plan another GTG sometime in January.  PM me if you can't wait...

K Shep

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2011, 12:46 am »
I'm in San Jose and I will plan another GTG sometime in January. 

Congratulations!  They're going to sound wonderful in your room.  Please include myself and Stew once you've decided on the date in January.

vintagebob

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2011, 01:04 am »
Congratulations!  They're going to sound wonderful in your room.  Please include myself and Stew once you've decided on the date in January.

You guys are the first ones on my list.

It's good to see you posting!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 11 Dec 2011, 02:16 am »
It's good to see you posting!
+1 Haven't seen much at all of you! 

K Shep

« Reply #8 on: 11 Dec 2011, 03:12 am »
+1 Haven't seen much at all of you!

I've missed you too Jason. 

kc8apf

• Are you sure what side of the glass you're on?
« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2011, 03:14 am »
I'm in San Jose and I will plan another GTG sometime in January.  PM me if you can't wait...

I've been wondering if there was anything happening in San Jose.  I'm in Campbell and would love to meet some other audiophiles from the area.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2011, 03:14 am »

K Shep

« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2011, 03:20 am »
I've been wondering if there was anything happening in San Jose.  I'm in Campbell and would love to meet some other audiophiles from the area.

Check out this link http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=89.0 (Nor Cal Audio) make connections with some of the boys and create a happening down in the South Bay.  I live in S.F. and I've been to 3 gentlemens homes that I've meet here on the Circle.

morganc

« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec 2011, 06:14 am »
I live in SF too and have made quite a few local friends and would also like to make more!  Count me in to for the San Jose GTG!
Cheers,
Morgan

Nuance

« Reply #13 on: 11 Dec 2011, 06:15 am »
Wow - those look amazing, Bob!  You guys are really making me wish I lived closer to San Fran.

Congrats, sir - they are outstanding speakers!

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #14 on: 11 Dec 2011, 08:07 am »
Bob. Those look beautiful.  Nice set up with the Gik art acoustic treatments and Allison too. 

I hope that woofers are now sufficiently in stock as I am patiently waiting for mine.  Hi Jim

That pallet looks rather daunting, how hard were they to get in the house?

Enjoy and looking forward to your aural comments, that is if you can break away!

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 11 Dec 2011, 01:38 pm »
Speakers look great!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #16 on: 11 Dec 2011, 01:47 pm »
Gorgeous speakers, great ideas all around by you guys and Jims group, they are really beautiful!!!

Kshep- Hey there!!!  Good to see ya!! Keep popping in would ya.... :thumb:

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #17 on: 11 Dec 2011, 03:02 pm »
Ditto on welcome back Kshep :D

vintagebob

« Reply #18 on: 11 Dec 2011, 03:07 pm »
Bob. Those look beautiful.  Nice set up with the Gik art acoustic treatments and Allison too. 

I hope that woofers are now sufficiently in stock as I am patiently waiting for mine.  Hi Jim

That pallet looks rather daunting, how hard were they to get in the house?

Enjoy and looking forward to your aural comments, that is if you can break away!

The pallet weighs 385lbs.  I took one of the cars out of the garage and had them put the pallet in there.  Nikkie and I then took the boxes apart in the garage.  The speakers were packed in three boxes.  One box had the two top portions along with accessories.  The other two boxes had the two bottoms.  The bottom speaker portion is heavy and requires a two person lift.  The plinths were already installed, so all we had to do was add the spikes to the plinth, complete the electrical connection to the top portion (Jim made this super easy) and then set the top onto the bottom portion of the speaker.

jsalk

« Reply #19 on: 11 Dec 2011, 04:36 pm »

There is another pair of SoundScapes in the SF Bay area. This Bay Area Audio Society owner has emailed me saying he is looking forward to providing auditions to anyone interested.  If you would like to connect with him, PM me and I can put you in touch.

- Jim