Boxing night on HBO Sat. 11 @8pm

mjosef

Boxing night on HBO Sat. 11 @8pm
« on: 11 Apr 2009, 11:18 pm »
Big night for boxing. With the premier of the documentary, Thrilla in Manila at 8pm.
Followed by Pacquiao/Hatton 24-7. And then two fights...
Wright/Williams. I am going with the young lion, Williams.
Arreola/McCline. Young guy again is my pick, yeah he fights a little wild and could get plastered with a big shot early.

Yeap, big night of boxing in High Definition with DD 7.1 SS. See the sweat fly and feel the punches in your gut...and let the ear ring with the deafening roar of the crowd. Bring it on.  :drool:

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: Boxing night on HBO Sat. 11 @8pm
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2009, 12:25 am »
That does sound nice, wish I had watch.  It'll be watching Blues Clues, Yo Gabba Gabba etc... 
Maybe Muno will pick a fight with DJ Lance Rock.  :lol:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2009, 12:27 am »
If I can free up the set, that sounds interesting to watch.

Bryan

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2009, 12:38 am »
Mixed Martial Arts is being shown on Showtime at 10pm also. Myself, I'll catch the 10pm HBO boxing as it's being shown at the same time on the west coast feed. Fortunately that's not the case with Showtime so I'll watch the west coast feed of the Mixed Martial Arts at 1am. :dance:

Til 10, it's crank it up time. :rock:

Cheers,
Robin

mjosef

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2009, 04:10 am »
Hot damn, Williams is the Pacquiao of his weight class, he was always in motion, ended up throwing over 1000 punches over 12 rounds. Wright didn't stand a chance, completely blown away.
No comment on the heavyweights.  :oops:

The Thrilla in Manila was an eye opener, man, I feel Frazier's pain. Very sad. Classic case of rich man, poor man.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2009, 04:15 am »
The Thrilla in Manila was an eye opener, man, I feel Frazier's pain. Very sad. Classic case of rich man, poor man.

Maybe sad back then but not today. No doubt in my mind Joe's quality of life is a whole lot better than Ali's who's just a shell of the man he use to be. :oops:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2009, 02:21 am »
I hope Joe got paid.  Didn't seem like Joe had much to show monetarily for his licks.  According to the documentary, Joe would have been given the Manila fight if he just would have taken one step off his stool in the 15th.  That's got to be a tough pill to swallow, even now.  He acquitted himself very well, tho.  He has that.  Best thing Joe could have done in the 14th seeing how he couldn't see Ali's punches coming was to stay on the inside and wail downstairs.  I think he was too tired to move his legs or his hands.

mjosef

« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2009, 02:43 am »
Joe lost most of his money in various "failed" business deals, most of it in real estate which went south, from what I have read.