Richmond, Audio Society (RAS) Richmond Virginia

Howard Swayne

Richmond, Audio Society (RAS) Richmond Virginia
« on: 17 Oct 2012, 06:33 pm »
Greetings, we are a diverse group who meet every other month in members homes and do occasional outtings. Hopefully someone from our group, with better computerfu than I will follow this up with a permanant 'sticky'. Til then all are welcome and you can find our website at   richmondaudiosociety.com   

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: Richmond, Audio Society (RAS) Richmond Virginia
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2012, 06:55 pm »
Suggestion : as you get closer to a meeting date, you may want to post a reminder up here as some of us near but not in the Richmond area may forget to regularly check the RAS website.  Thanks!

Howard Swayne

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2012, 07:18 pm »
Will do. The next meeting will be 2 December 12, just to let you know.

Howard

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2012, 07:26 pm »
Can members of MAAC join in for the audio fun in December? 

Howard Swayne

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2012, 07:47 pm »
We allow two visits sponsored by members (ME, in this case) We need to know a week or two in advance in order to make arrangements for refreshments. After two visits one needs to decide if they want to join. Annual dues are $40.00. Let me know. Howard

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2012, 08:17 pm »
I would be interested in attending the 2 December meeting as you offered.

I can offer to bring a HAL MS-1 Music Server and CI Audio Transient MKII DAC to demo if your members are interested.  This is the same setup used at RMAF last week without the external power supply.

Please let me know if there is interest.  If not, will come to listen to the meeting.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2012, 08:21 pm »
Please accept as an observation, not a criticism.  In the NVA / DC / MD area it seems to me based on limited experience that looser rules need to apply to improve attendance and get more critical mass.  Ironic, as there should be a much higher concentration of potential attendees.  But folks around here are more transient, and at least like to think they are more busy. 

I'm sure the RAS has good reasons based on experience for the rules you've mentioned and perhaps already enjoys a good critical mass of core & regularly participating and contributing members.  I just wish the same were true here.

Howard Swayne

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2012, 08:29 pm »
I would be interested in attending the 2 December meeting as you offered.

I can offer to bring a HAL MS-1 Music Server and CI Audio Transient MKII DAC to demo if your members are interested.  This is the same setup used at RMAF last week without the external power supply.

Please let me know if there is interest.  If not, will come to listen to the meeting.

I would suggest going to the RAS website and notifying them to let them know your interested. I dont believe the equipment would be appropriate for this meeting but perhpaps in the future. You may know or know of Tim Stimson  tim@soundandimage.com. He would probably be interested. Ill pm my phone and you can come as my guest.  Howard

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2012, 08:40 pm »
Sounds good.  Will come as a guest and put the info on the page.

Thanks!