Salk signature tonality

mdrone

Salk signature tonality
« on: 12 May 2019, 04:02 pm »
Hi,
I am strongly considering a purchase of the Salk Song3 BeATS or Encore ( maybe the SS 9.5).
I live in our countries smallest state which is devoid of meaningful audio dealers and forums; and thus cannot experience the speakers first hand.  I was wondering if anyone could share their ears description of the tonality of the speakers.  I am looking for a bit of warmth whilst remaining true to the music at hand.
Thanks,
MDRONE

Jenner

Re: Salk signature tonality
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2019, 07:09 pm »
I doubt you'd find Salk speakers at a dealer anywhere as they sold are direct via the internet.

Seems like all the models you are looking at have the Be tweeter. I don't have that in my setup as I fell in love with the RAAL ribbon but I might be close to you as I am in CT. You are more than welcome to stop by to have a listen to my Veracity HT-2TLs and the other Salk speakers in my home theater.

My opinion of Salk speakers are that they are very detailed and revealing with little color. They don't make bad recordings sound better. They are revealing and true. I wouldn't call them warm (nor would I call them cold) but I hate to sway you with my opinions when it is better for you to hear them yourself and decide that way. They sound incredible to me but we all have our different tastes.

Anyhow PM me if you want to discuss further.

« Last Edit: 13 May 2019, 12:35 pm by Jenner »

rmdtexas

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2019, 08:14 pm »
Strongly suggest tht you call or email Jim Salk and discuss what you want. He talked me down from the Encores to the BeATs as i do not need really low bass and the BeATs are more forgiving of mediocre recordings.

MiamiAngler

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2019, 10:31 pm »
Like rmdtexas said call Jim to discuss, he very nice gentleman and will give you his thoughts with no pressure.   I love Song3  BeATs and could not be happier.