Cables for sig 15

dc.kundera

Cables for sig 15
« on: 2 Feb 2013, 02:35 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the range of speaker cables and interconnects in the 200-400 dollar range for 8 feet, and an interconnect.  I was looking at dmn, audio quest, Kimber, blue jean, anti cables and morrow. I have lore s and am using old monster 400 interconnects and home made Home Depot 12 gage copper wire. Th current results are clear, could use more lower end and mid detail.

JeffV

Re: Cables for sig 15
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2013, 08:54 pm »
I'm using Anti-Cables as speaker cables with my Sig 15, and they work well.  One caveat: I have a desktop setup, listening in the extreme nearfield, so the low end is a very different issue for me.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2013, 01:31 am »
...I too use Anticable with a Sig 16 and Omega (single driver) Super 6 Monitors + Deep Hemp Sub. The sub is connected via some old Vandersteen supplied speaker cables. I was able to mould the Anti-cables so they do not touch the carpet -- under the assumption this may reduce static electricity building up in the cables. I purchased mine in bulk wire, then tested twist vs no twist. I preferred a light twist, so that's how I run mine. Not exactly the prettiest cables I've ever seen, but the price was good and results seem favorable.

dc.kundera

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2013, 08:19 pm »
Just wanted to update on this. I ended up purchasing pnf symphony cables, and wireworld equinox 6 RCA interconnects. The wire world brought a lot of nice detail to the sound, replacing old monster cables. I find they revealed a lot, and seem to help on the lower end where my old cables seemed weak. For the price they seem a good interconnect. As for the pnf, they are solidly built, pretty large, but I can't hear a great deal of difference. I wonder if for their size they are overkill for a 15 watt system. I am perfectly happy with them, but would like to have tried dnm or mapleshade but wanted something more solid as I have cats and didn't want them to get chewed up. Will post more if I find more differences in additional listening. Thanks for the ideas on the anti calbles. I opted against them simply because they are actually pretty expensive now, and the solid core seem difficult to place in the room.