Before the $$ go down ,, Pass Labs ?

2bigears

Before the $$ go down ,, Pass Labs ?
« on: 19 Apr 2021, 06:49 pm »
 :D hello AC music lovers. I have hit CODA on consuming. Got the VAC pre amp from Erie, CO. The Music Room packed it to the nines for the trip to Canada. Good job Music Room people. Found a pair of ProAc d-48r here in Canada across the country. The amp will be a Pass Labs 250.5 ,,,,  does this amp still carry creds with all the new gear getting better and better. The amp is 40 miles away.   This will be my final kick at the cat buying gear,, done, done, done.  :D  :D

Rocket

Re: Before the $$ go down ,, Pass Labs ?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2021, 10:50 am »
Hi,

No this will not be last the upgrade lol... sorry to say!

Cheers Rod

blownrx7

Re: Before the $$ go down ,, Pass Labs ?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2021, 12:00 pm »
:D hello AC music lovers. I have hit CODA on consuming. Got the VAC pre amp from Erie, CO. The Music Room packed it to the nines for the trip to Canada. Good job Music Room people. Found a pair of ProAc d-48r here in Canada across the country. The amp will be a Pass Labs 250.5 ,,,,  does this amp still carry creds with all the new gear getting better and better. The amp is 40 miles away.   This will be my final kick at the cat buying gear,, done, done, done.  :D  :D
Being the owner of a 350.5 I consider it my endgame and have had this amp the longest of any previous. At this level, I question if the sound actually gets appreciably better. It can get different but not appreciably better. I play with tubes every so often but still go back to the Pass.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2021, 02:09 pm by blownrx7 »