North East Ohio

Jonathan

Re: North East Ohio
« Reply #140 on: 27 Feb 2014, 01:33 am »
I am sure it was amazing to hear. Did you go shopping there or did he have an open demo?

I was there buying an Audioquest Cinnamon USB cablefrom him. (Not convinced it made any difference, but in fairness I have not really had time to sit and listen critically.)

Not often I get to hear a six-figure system. It really was excellent sounding.

raysracing

« Reply #141 on: 28 Feb 2014, 03:34 am »
When or if I get a DAC again please let me try the USB cable!!

raysracing

« Reply #142 on: 1 Mar 2014, 01:32 pm »
I feel really bad forgetting to invite my AC friends to a great jazz show last night. It was at the tavern company in Cleveland Heights. Next time my friends band has a gig we should all go. They were amazing. They played Davis, Ellington,Thelonius, Wynton and more.

raysracing

« Reply #143 on: 3 Mar 2014, 01:05 am »
A new toy coming my way from a racing friend who just wants it to have a new home. It will be fun to hear it.  Not sure when we will hook up though.

If you know something about this amplifier let me know. I will post in the tube section of AC someday too.

Ray

raysracing

« Reply #144 on: 5 Mar 2014, 02:19 am »
Here are 2 of about 5 videos I took that night of the concert.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSfayTuDJg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huS3BJM4b0o

raysracing

« Reply #145 on: 6 Mar 2014, 11:43 pm »
I bought a used iFi DSD Dac. I'll bring ti to the meet with some DSD downloads. Anyone have any "must have" DSD tracks I should buy? Rock, Jazz, lassical are all open for me.

Jonathan

« Reply #146 on: 7 Mar 2014, 01:14 am »
I feel really bad forgetting to invite my AC friends to a great jazz show last night. It was at the tavern company in Cleveland Heights. Next time my friends band has a gig we should all go. They were amazing. They played Davis, Ellington,Thelonius, Wynton and more.

Did not see the text until days later and the voicemail was indecipherable. Hope to make it next time...

kernelbob

North East Ohio audio get together 3/15
« Reply #147 on: 8 Mar 2014, 05:00 pm »
Just confirming our planned get together on Saturday 3/15 at my place.  I've sent PMs to those recently posting interest in attending.  If I've missed anyone who wants to attend, please send me a PM and I'll send you directions.  I'm located near Mentor, Ohio

Best,
Robert

kernelbob

« Reply #148 on: 13 Mar 2014, 10:59 pm »
Just a reminder that the North East Ohio audio group is going to meet at my place this Saturday, March 15th, around 2pm.  If anyone needs directions to my place, let me know and I'll send info.  Folks are bringing some interesting equipment including power amps, at least one DAC, and a music server.  One thing, I have a full set of Delphi MasterBuilt power cords, interconnects, and speaker cables, but my interconnects are balanced.  I do have an older set of Harmonic Technology single ended interconnects, but nothing recent, so feel free to bring any cabling and/or powercords you want.

See you Saturday,
Robert

raysracing

« Reply #149 on: 14 Mar 2014, 01:29 am »
I'm in. Bringing a DSD DAC and my server of course.

Coltrane1

« Reply #150 on: 15 Mar 2014, 05:00 pm »
That Fairchild is a gorgeous looking amp. It has a vintage look...is it? Congrats!

raysracing

« Reply #151 on: 16 Mar 2014, 04:01 pm »
That Fairchild is a gorgeous looking amp. It has a vintage look...is it? Congrats!
yes it is quite old. I hope I get a pair though as it is mono.

Jonathan

« Reply #152 on: 25 Mar 2014, 04:57 pm »
Never heard anything about the get together at Bob's place. How did it go?

-Jon

kernelbob

« Reply #153 on: 30 Mar 2014, 11:18 pm »
Sorry for being late with a reply.  We had a great time at the 3/15 meeting.  Ray brought his music server which I was looking forward to trying in my system.  As I expected, it sounded great.  We just plugged its USB output into my PSAudio PWD-II and that was it.  I'm definitely going to have to get a music server in my system.

Bill brought his new solid state amp, but the afternoon flew by and we didn't get around to hooking it up my VSA speakers.  The next time we meet at my place, I'd like to see if anyone has amps that they'd like to bring or audition (in addition to Bill's of course).

The next get together has yet to be determined, so if anyone wants to host, that would be great.  Anytime someone wants to meet at my place, it's always available.

Best,
Robert

raysracing

« Reply #154 on: 31 Mar 2014, 01:56 am »
Never heard anything about the get together at Bob's place. How did it go?

-Jon

One of many standouts at the latest get together was how utterly silent his system is of any noise. Just a wall of blackness behind the music. I am contemplating my power options down there. I am barely50'  if even from my panel so at some point I'll look into a dedicated line. I hear every light, fan, motor come on through my stereo. And a constant buzz and hiss. As always a covet his DAC.

bbaxter

« Reply #155 on: 5 Apr 2014, 05:52 pm »
Not only that, but we got to hear Robert's Kronzillas thru his VSA's, all connected by MasterBuilt cables!  The cables alone probably are worth more than most of our systems!  Very convincing image, soundstage, timbre & dynamics.  One of the best systems I've had the pleasure to hear!  And Robert was the consummate host, of course!  All in all, a great afternoon.

raysracing

« Reply #156 on: 25 Apr 2014, 12:17 pm »
Im still alive and well, but havent been in the cave but an hour in the last few weeks.  Just wanted to say email or call me if you want to get together. I have also not been in AC in weeks. Bike racing has started and school is nuts with OAA preparation and writing IEP's for all my kids.  Already got a 6th in a race in the aide of my team mates.

Don_S

« Reply #157 on: 25 Apr 2014, 07:57 pm »
Do any of the NW Ohio members live near Youngstown?  I will be playing the "good son" from May 8-23.  I fly in on the 7th and out on the 24th.  I sure could use a musical diversion for a couple of hours, meet an AC member or two and broaden my equipment experience.   :green:

C17FXR

• Remember, you don't have to rewind the Blu-ray.
« Reply #158 on: 21 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm »
Gentlemen

I would like permission to join your group. I am packing up my equipment as we speak and headed for the Dayton area. Yea I know it's not North East Ohio but I would be willing to travel to see and meet you guys. I'm currently looking for a house so this will be a few months in the works. I've come to learn the my wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to what we are looking for in a house. So I've come to the conclusion she gets to pick the house as long as it has a room for my stuff   :duh:   :scratch:. Anyway hope I get the opportunity to meet a few of you at you next get together. After reading through this thread I think I might have some stuff that will interest a couple of you. You'll have to excuse me if it takes a little while for me to replay back as I'm very busy with the packing, work and saying bye to friends. But I will reply when I take a break.

Best Regards;
Robert
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2014, 01:36 pm by C17FXR »

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #159 on: 22 Jun 2014, 12:00 am »
Hi Robert, Cleveland would be a long drive for just our little hi-fi get-to-gathers.
But not all that far from you is the MidWest AudioFest in Springboro, Ohio on July 12, 2014.

http://midwestaudiofest.com/index.php