Output issue with CDP-9

Mathguy1015

Output issue with CDP-9
« on: 1 May 2024, 10:53 pm »
Intro: I'm a returning audiophile that is behind the times. System consists of a Nuprime CDP-9 into a Luminous passive preamp, into Outlaw 2220 monoblocks powering a pair of Magnepan LRS+ and a powered Gallo TR-3D subwoofer.

So I have a question for the forum: My CDP-9 doesn't seem to have digital output. I've tried optical and coax into two different DACs (Geshelli and PS Audio) with no luck. Is there a setting I need to change? I could not find anything in the manual for output, only for changing inputs. What might I be doing wrong?

John Casler

Re: Output issue with CDP-9
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2024, 03:12 am »
Make sure you are using the digital "outputs" and not the inputs

https://nuprimeaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/CDP-9-BLK-5.jpg

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2024, 04:37 am »
Hello, Mathguy.

By any chance do either the Geshelli or PS Audio DAC require the user to manually select which input to use?

Also, double check that the CDP-9 cables are connected to the digital out (and not the analog output).

Michael

Mathguy1015

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2024, 03:30 pm »
Thanks for the replies. The first thing I checked when it wasn't working was if it was connected to an input or an output. Yes, they were hooked to the output coax or optical receptors, respectively. That's why this is weird to me. The RCA jacks work just fine.