FRK and Tri traps.

sidders

FRK and Tri traps.
« on: 16 Apr 2015, 10:18 pm »
Just wondering why FRK was not used on the Tri traps when virtually all advise given to people making their own bass traps was to include FRK. Including advise from Glenn . Given that Tri Traps are made to go in corners, it seems strange that FRK was not as standard with Tri Traps in particular. I don't doubt that there is a good reason, but just curious as I'm trying to learn about this stuff.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Re: FRK and Tri traps.
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2015, 04:53 pm »
Just wondering why FRK was not used on the Tri traps when virtually all advise given to people making their own bass traps was to include FRK. Including advise from Glenn . Given that Tri Traps are made to go in corners, it seems strange that FRK was not as standard with Tri Traps in particular. I don't doubt that there is a good reason, but just curious as I'm trying to learn about this stuff.

FRK is great for DIY guys but we like to use our own membranes on our panels. A matter of fact we just tested using the FRL system on the Tri Traps so will be putting those on the market very soon. Here is the information on the FRL.
 http://www.gikacoustics.com/flexrange-technology-bass-trap/