Eastern Electric DAC

aloft

Re: Eastern Electric DAC
« Reply #200 on: 3 Feb 2010, 10:19 pm »
Very nice, classy design.

ajayrav

« Reply #201 on: 4 Feb 2010, 12:10 am »
 :D  Oooh, that looks pretty awesome.  Can't wait to have it in my greedy, grubby hands!

Ajay

pardales

« Reply #202 on: 4 Feb 2010, 12:35 am »
Nice look... :D

bravophase

« Reply #203 on: 4 Feb 2010, 02:04 am »
Very attractive piece!  Those knobs look pretty hardcore.  Remind me of the Hovland HP100 appearance.

Will silver be an option as well?  Beautiful either way, just wondering if matching with my other eastern electric gear is a possibility.

Are these bad boys on their way to the US now?  Can't wait to retire my V-DAC.

Only black so far  :wink: The DACs will be put on board within a few days.

Cheers !

Alex

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #204 on: 4 Feb 2010, 04:52 am »
If anybody is interested in having the DAC Air freighted please let me know ASAP. The air shipment cost is an extra $72. Some have asked for the Air shipment as they want the DAC in their systems as soon as possible.

Please let me know.
 Thanks,
 Bill
email:  bill@morningstaraudio.com

richidoo

« Reply #205 on: 4 Feb 2010, 02:00 pm »
Great job Bill and Alex. Congratulations!  :thumb:

doctorcilantro

« Reply #206 on: 4 Feb 2010, 08:55 pm »
Excellent! In in for Air transit. Would like a silver some time; maybe I can trade someone down the road.

DC

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #207 on: 6 Feb 2010, 12:31 pm »
Bill:

What are the estimated delivery dates for air shipment and boat/UPS shipment?

I heard, supposedly shipping out of China/HK will be early next week; then Bill will turn them around to the buyers as he gets them, in a flash :thumb:.  So, receipt before month's end is very realistic. :drool:

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #208 on: 6 Feb 2010, 02:15 pm »
Bill:

What are the estimated delivery dates for air shipment and boat/UPS shipment?

They will be on a plane on Monday and should arrive to me in 3 or 4 days. I'm hoping Thursday at the earliest, and Friday at the latest. Once I receive them I will ship them the same day if possible out to those who ordered.

By boat, well we have to wait for one to leave the harbor with our container and then it takes about 18 days to sail over and depending which coast it arrives on, if the West coast then they put in on the railway system and deliver to Chicago then has to clear customs ,then the freight company I use picks it up after customs has cleared it, delivers to my warehouse and then I seperate and ship. I can't imagine they shut down the Chinese harbor's over their New Year but then again, it is a big celebration.All in all my guess would be if we were lucky enough to catch on with a ship at the end of next week the DAC would possibly arrive on your doorstep by April 1st.

aloft

« Reply #209 on: 7 Feb 2010, 04:15 pm »
Is anyone of the early adopters out there ready to do an A/B comparison and post the results (after reasonable break-in and all)? What sources will you be using and what competition are you going you pit the Minimax Sabre32 against? I am VERY excited about the Minimax and look forward to reading about its actual performance.
  :weights:

aloft

« Reply #210 on: 7 Feb 2010, 04:33 pm »
It's a bit early for this but I guess this listing may be of future interest for those who prefer the tube output.

doctorcilantro

« Reply #211 on: 11 Feb 2010, 02:28 pm »
I'll be rolling some 12AU7s:

RTC wing plate square-getter
RTC long gray ribbed plate halo
Tung Sol D-getter
Ken Rad nickel/shiny black plate D-getter
Siemens nickel plate
RCA foil D-getter 5814
RCA 5963
Telefunken ribbed plate

others I can't recall.

Gopher

« Reply #212 on: 11 Feb 2010, 06:49 pm »
I suspect most of us will do at least some rolling once these bad boys come in.

Are they out for delivery to you now, Bill?  I'm crossing my fingers at seeing mine early next week.

doctorcilantro

« Reply #213 on: 11 Feb 2010, 07:14 pm »
The DACs are probably at 30,000 feet right now  :drool:

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #214 on: 11 Feb 2010, 08:53 pm »
The DACs are probably at 30,000 feet right now  :drool:

If they air-lifted them this past Monday or Tuesday, they should be at Ground Zero at Morningstar....??? :drool:

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #215 on: 12 Feb 2010, 12:26 am »
They did not arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow.I know their in Illinois according to my tracking, just not delivered to me yet. AAARRRRRGGGGG!

Sorry, they're not in Illinois, that was just the DHL site telling me that is the location they will be coming too.  AAAARRRRGGGGGGGG.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #216 on: 12 Feb 2010, 01:59 am »
They did not arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow.I know their in Illinois according to my tracking, just not delivered to me yet. AAARRRRRGGGGG!

Sorry, they're not in Illinois, that was just the DHL site telling me that is the location they will be coming too.  AAAARRRRGGGGGGGG.

Bill,

You're building up tension; guys will go up the fence!!!!!!!  :lol:

PeteG

« Reply #217 on: 12 Feb 2010, 02:45 am »
What’s a good 12AU7 tube to start with? Also how good are the (I’m guessing Chinese) stock tubes.

jrebman

« Reply #218 on: 12 Feb 2010, 04:51 pm »
Best 12au7 type I ever found for the minimax pre was a triple mica, 1950s Raytheon blackplate 5814WA, which even bettered the outstanding Amperex 7316 PQ, which is also a fantastic tube.

Wish I were getting one of these new dacs, but can't swing it at the moment.  I'm looking forward to what the first round of users have to say about it though.  I've owned many EE products and they have always been outstanding, solid products that perform way above their price.

-- Jim

John151

« Reply #219 on: 13 Feb 2010, 02:36 am »
Did the DAC's arrive?