Plans for a TAP successor?

elg2001

Plans for a TAP successor?
« on: 23 Jan 2007, 06:52 pm »
Hi,
   I'm wondering if you have any plans for a successor to the TAP or any near-future upgrades to the TAP.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Re: Plans for a TAP successor?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2007, 10:21 pm »
Hello!

Give a guy a break! Just kidding....kinda.....  The TAP took well over a year to complete and we are just getting going with it. I would not expect any changes for at least a year - and even then I can't think of just what we'd change or add to the design. The basic transformer wind has not changed for quite a few years now - we just don't know what we'd do right now to improve it and a LOT of work went into this latest rev's design. I am sure something will come up eventually but I tried hard to incorporate all the 'wants' that just could not be pulled off with the older pre-amp designs - things like balance control via remote, lossless phase invert via remote, more steps, etc...

Thansk!

John

elg2001

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2007, 03:44 pm »
OK, sounds good. I'm ready to buy a TVC-based TAP.

1) Is the selling price is still the following: Six Input TAP TVC Pre-amp....$2995

2) What is the best way for me to purchase this unit? Email? Phone? Please let me know.

Thanks!

miklorsmith

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2007, 04:11 pm »
So, I understand it will be a while before you revise this new piece and that you don't even know how you would better it.  What I really want to know is when the model after that one will be done and what it will be called.  I have some name suggestions if you're interested.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2007, 05:34 pm »
Hello!

Elg2001:

That is great - just call (604) 538-9812 or e-mail john@bentaudio.com and we can make a plan. I don't collect any funds until ship time but I do want to get a bit of contact info, etc so I can keep you posted on delivery.

Miklorsmith:

Sure - just e-mail any ideas you have to john@bentaudio.com. As you say I don't know just what we'd do right now to make it any better (or add any features) but when the day comes (some time I am sure it will) it'd be fun to have new names in mind.

Thankjs!

John

miklorsmith

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2007, 05:52 pm »
Just kiddin'.  This just made me think of my favorite Dr. Octagon lyric - "My 7XL is not yet invented".  But, he's got the name picked out.   :D

sts9fan

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2007, 06:00 pm »
Just kiddin'.  This just made me think of my favorite Dr. Octagon lyric - "My 7XL is not yet invented".  But, he's got the name picked out.   :D

I would say mine is: "my skin turns yellow and green in the limosine people think I mixed with shark drinkin gasoline"

IS HE WIERD??

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2007, 06:00 pm »
How about the "Super Duper Copper Coil Machine"? 

I don't know what other options you could possible add.   Maybe a radio frequency based remote so that you can control it from the bathroom.   :green:

elg2001

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2007, 08:16 pm »
Bluetooth! People control their Wii's from over 100 feet away, so that could be cool (the Nintendo Wii uses bluetooth for its wireless game controllers).

John, I'll be in touch soon. Thanks! :)