NFL 2022/23

twitch54

Re: NFL 2022/23
« Reply #160 on: 20 Jan 2023, 07:50 pm »
"Predictions: Chiefs, Niners, Iggles, and Bills advance to the Conference Championship games."

Yes, this is a safe and accurate prediction.  Further down the road, Bills - Eagles in the final in the desert.

Re TB, he looked forced all night.  Lacked grace, rhythm and that intangible confidence from years past.  Sadly, he's gone too far.  Reminds me of Favre with the Jets.

While I will always pull for the Bills(I go back to the AFL days and saw my first game at the 'Rock Pile' in '61), if they play like they did last week against the 'Fish' they will be toast !

FireGuy

Bills
« Reply #161 on: 21 Jan 2023, 02:02 am »
Quote from: twitch54 link=topic=183294.msg1937While I will always pull for the Bills(I go ba660#msg1937660 date=1674244255
ck to the AFL days and saw my first game at the 'Rock Pile' in '61), if they play like they did last week against the 'Fish' they will be toast !

AFL at the Rock Pile with the Bills...there's some awesome history.  I hear ya on the Miami game...But the Bills could always go back to the EJ Manuel, JP Losman or Trent Edwards days?   Pure pain even thinking about those guys.  One good thing on Josh, he never gives up, never.  On one drive give up a pick then the next two passing TD's are the sweetest you'll see all year.  I have not forgotten his "perfect" playoff game last year Vs. the Pats.  That was historic.  We'll see.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #162 on: 22 Jan 2023, 01:14 am »
The Chiefs really are a good team.
Maybe the Giants can pluck those Iggles.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #163 on: 22 Jan 2023, 07:00 am »

Maybe the Giants can pluck those Iggles.

Ummm, not so much.  That was a beat down from start to finish.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #164 on: 22 Jan 2023, 01:06 pm »
Yeah, they must have washed their lucky socks.
I turned it off late in the 2nd quarter.
The Eagles looked REALLY good, congratulations to them.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #165 on: 22 Jan 2023, 01:51 pm »
The Giants had a good year, much better than anyone expected.  With a healthy Hurts the Eagles are a juggernaut that will be very hard to stop, it just wasn't a fair fight.  Unfortunately for the Eagles with their free agency picture this is a one and done year wherever they finish, they won't be close to the same team next year.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #166 on: 22 Jan 2023, 07:22 pm »
  Turned it off when no National Anthem was shown.

charles

twitch54

« Reply #167 on: 22 Jan 2023, 07:27 pm »

charles

well, if you were at the game ........... :green:

rodge827

« Reply #168 on: 22 Jan 2023, 07:40 pm »

charles

I don’t blame you when Fox went live and the players were in the field is was like “ hey no national anthem wtf”
As an Iggles fan I’m happy they won but FOX’s coverage was dismal! Far too many commercials with commentators carrying on about their supposed advanced football knowledge. Just call the game!

dpatters

« Reply #169 on: 22 Jan 2023, 08:46 pm »
The Giants had a good year, much better than anyone expected.  With a healthy Hurts the Eagles are a juggernaut that will be very hard to stop, it just wasn't a fair fight.  Unfortunately for the Eagles with their free agency picture this is a one and done year wherever they finish, they won't be close to the same team next year.
Eagles have two first round draft picks, cap space and a quarterback friendly contract. Howie Roseman does an excellent job. Let Miles Sanders walk. Paying big money on running backs is foolish. Gainwell rushed for 112 yards. It’s the offensive line and Hurts that makes the running backs go. I expect the Eagles to compete for NFC East for a number of years to come. Certainly not a one and done.

Don P

jjss49

« Reply #170 on: 23 Jan 2023, 04:57 am »
eagles look very very good pummeling the giants -- should be a serious heavyweight fight against the niners...  cowboys played the niners so tough today, nail biter all the way!

burrows is somethin'.... with three starting offensive linemen out, cincy trucked the sad bills with reserves (i didn't think von miller was so key to that hapless defense, wait... isn't mcdermott a defensive guy?  :duh:  -- bengals offensive scheming was really excellent - showdown with mahomes next week! 

two superb championship games coming among 4 highly deserving winners

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #171 on: 23 Jan 2023, 01:02 pm »
Eagles have two first round draft picks, cap space and a quarterback friendly contract. Howie Roseman does an excellent job. Let Miles Sanders walk. Paying big money on running backs is foolish. Gainwell rushed for 112 yards. It’s the offensive line and Hurts that makes the running backs go. I expect the Eagles to compete for NFC East for a number of years to come. Certainly not a one and done.

Don P

You're right about Roseman, Howie is just the best.  He did lose Andy Leidl, the director of player personnel, to the Steelers, who was a big part of the talent evaluation process, but that doesn't make him instantly dumb.  However you couldn't be more wrong about the free agent situation with the Eagles having over twenty free agents including Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, Myles Sanders, Javon Hargraves, Robert Quinn, Jason Kelsey, James Bradbury, TJ Edwards, Chauncey Garner Johnson, Isaac Semaluo,  Andre Dillard, Marcus Epps, and Linval Joseph.  That's a huge part of the team at risk.

twitch54

« Reply #172 on: 23 Jan 2023, 05:02 pm »
Sean McDermott get fired yet ? man I sure hope so .........

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #173 on: 23 Jan 2023, 05:49 pm »
I don’t blame you when Fox went live and the players were in the field is was like “ hey no national anthem wtf”
As an Iggles fan I’m happy they won but FOX’s coverage was dismal! Far too many commercials with commentators carrying on about their supposed advanced football knowledge. Just call the game!

CBS, NBC as well. Oh well Hockey is it now.

charles

jjss49

« Reply #174 on: 24 Jan 2023, 03:50 am »
Sean McDermott get fired yet ? man I sure hope so .........

dabol gone, josh just hasn't looked the same, too loosey goosey, way too much hero ball... all cuz there is zero run game threat

bills management better think this through... josh allen certainly has what it takes to be an all time great, should be able to deliver multiple championships ... they are on the verge of wasting him with a poor coaching staff, being bridesmaids every year, tease with potential but never delivering

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #175 on: 26 Jan 2023, 01:36 pm »
Fabulous matchups this weekend.  Niners at Eagles is pretty well set at -2.5 for the home team which is about as even as you can get.  Contrary to popular knowledge the home field advantage is really 2.5 to 2.8 points, not the 3 points commonly quoted, so this one is dead even.  Both teams are powerhouse juggernauts with more big, fast guys than I've seen on teams for years.  The Eagles will test Purdy and the 49ers will try to stop the run, should be fun.

Bengals at KC is another great game.  Can the KC Royals finally throw off the Burrows monkey?  Will Mahomes be mobile enough to be effective?  The difference may be the Chief's running game and can they protect the QB with it.  The line is bouncing back and forth over one point on either side depending on how Mahomes practices.

The best two games in decades.  WooHoo!

twitch54

« Reply #176 on: 26 Jan 2023, 08:45 pm »
gotta agree with Letitroll !!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #177 on: 29 Jan 2023, 11:01 pm »
Best part of the Eagles game was the fight at the end.
Let's see who they play in the Super Bowl.

jjss49

« Reply #178 on: 30 Jan 2023, 12:19 am »
niners needed alot to go right to have a chance to win in philly....  that prospect ended awfully early after kickoff...  niners defense played valiantly for a bit but then with all the turmoil and trying too hard, the wheels came off...  congrats to iggles, and their very well deserved place in s b

stlrman

« Reply #179 on: 30 Jan 2023, 02:34 am »
This Chiefs / Bengals game is something else !!! Wow 🤩