Can Kan?

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
Can Kan?
« on: 9 Oct 2010, 09:11 pm »
I've been waiting to read David Kan's review of the Virtue 2 on 6moons. It's been on the "Coming up next from these writers" list for what seems like months.

I'm starting to think there is some problem with the review. It's not that I depend on reviews, but I was looking forward to a technical discussion by a reviewer. I like the way Kan writes, tho I do not always agree with him.

Before I digress any further, does anyone know why this review is taking so long to publish? 

mturkel99

Re: Can Kan?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2010, 03:01 am »

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2010, 03:18 am »
Nope! But thanks for the suggestion. The mentioned review is for the Virtue 2. It's been hanging fire for a loooooong time. Other reviews have come and gone, but that one just sits there with no progress.

You can see the mention here:
www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audioreviews.html

OzarkTom

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2010, 03:44 am »
Sometimes a component can be too good for it's own good. Back in the 80's a man named Tom Goetz brought out the first boxed speaker that actually thrilled me.  It was very quick and open like ESL speakers are, but the Goetz was much more dynamic and had no sweet spot no matter where you sat in the room. These speakers was incredible.

So Mr. Goetz sent a pair to all the review magazines, Stereophile and The Absolute Soud included,  and months went by, no reviews, no nothing. The Goetz was far better than any of the Vandersteens or Thiels, far better than any of the KEF's or B&W's.  I know, I sold all those speakers. It was very sad to see the magazines snub their nose at a truly innovative new design. Finally, Goetz was sent a mock review from Stereophile saying his speakers was the absolte worst that they had ever heard. Stereophile never printed the review. That is when I found out that all of the review magazines are biased, these reviewers have their favorite companies they promote. Anyway that was true back in the 80's.

Hopefully that has changed and Virtue will get am honest review. The Sensation with Dodd's tube buffer falls in the same category. It is a giant killer to reckon with.

OzarkTom

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2010, 03:46 am »
Well, the Two.2 is that good also.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2010, 05:08 am »
I've been in touch with David and he loves his TWO.2s with both the JT and the battery supplies.  So much so in fact that he sent me back his three TWOs (at his own expense) and we sent him another TWO.2.  However, he's very busy with commercial work and has a very full plate.  That's all I know.

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2010, 11:40 am »
Thanks. There are lots of things that can happen to a review. I guess Kan can't, for now.

To me, that's the least interesting, but most likely reason for being slow to publish. From something he wrote earlier, I had the impression he had retired from commercial work. That left me with more interesting speculations.

In addition to that, I am interested in the Two.2 and wanted to learn more about it. I always do from his reviews. I've already read everything else I could find and have anticipated a nice, juicy review. I'm sure it will be positive. I'll just have to wait.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2010, 06:04 pm »
He picked up some freelance work recently.  He's a brilliant marketing executive and you can't just put a thoroughbred like him out to pasture.  It could be 3-4 months before the review comes out.  Our 30-day return policy will allow you to try an amp in a few days so you can see for yourself!
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2010, 07:58 pm by virtue »