How the heck do I get the cover back on?

kylek

How the heck do I get the cover back on?
« on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:15 am »
Any hints on how to get the cover back on on my Two.2?  I can't seem to get it back on like it was originally.  It took quite a bit of force to pop it off, and now there's a small gap between the cover and the chassis on both sides that I just can't seem to close.  Tightening the screws doesn't do it.

Thanks,

Kyle

JohnR

Re: How the heck do I get the cover back on?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:45 am »
One of mine was like that, I used a small file bit in a drill, just needs a little taken off in the right place.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:46 am »
Kyle...I'm assuming you have the cover all the way back if you can insert the screws, if so maybe a wire is slightly in the path of the case. I also have a TWO.2 so I know exactly what your saying but usually tightening the screws gets that last little bit closed up...Not sure if that helped you or not.
 I'd try taking it all the way off and looking for possible wire interference with its closure path...let us know how you make out.
Ed :thumb:

kylek

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:52 am »
I've tried filing a little bit.  Might have to try a little more if I can't do it another way.

I'm pretty sure there are no stray wires in the way.  The gap is very small, but when I first got it the fit was perfect, so there must be a way.  If the Virue guys can do it, I'm hoping I can, too.

Thanks,

Kyle

Mama Virtue

« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2010, 02:06 am »
Kyle, It should fit back on. Can you email me at cami@virtueaudio.com, and we'll discuss....it could be a wire, but depending on what color case you have, some of them fit very tightly and the top of the cover needs to line up just right with the chassis, or it won't snap on. Don't force the screws, they'll end up stripping  :? if the cover is not lining up right.

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2010, 03:27 am »
Oh, I misunderstood. Different issue.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2010, 03:01 pm »
Oh, I misunderstood. Different issue.

John, sometimes the back lip does need a little filing, too much overspray. Another problem is accidentally letting the LED wires get in the way. That will create a front gap, which then creates a side and back gap and the cover won't snap on.

dvenardos

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2010, 04:15 pm »
Please put up a pick so we can see what you are talking about.
You shouldn't have to force the cover off, the trick is pulling outward on the both sides of the back cover simultaneously until it gets past the lip. You have to do the same thing to get the cover back on properly.

BTW: The One/Two models have used standard screws, torx srews, and now hex screws. These hex screws are the worst. It is very easy to start stripping them, so be gentle with them when taking the cover on and off to switch jumpers, etc.