Sensation / Buffer / channels switched?

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Sensation / Buffer / channels switched?
« on: 11 Aug 2010, 10:41 pm »
Guys,
Gary flipped the right/left channels on a few of the amps by accident.
The POT connects to the board behind the caps on Sensation.  Simply pull out the connectors, swap them and replug.  3 minutes, no soldering.

Seth

Mariusz

Re: Sensation / Buffer / channels switched?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2010, 10:46 pm »
Cool!!!
Thanks !!!

Mariusz :thumb:

Robb_G

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm »
Seth,

Thanks for the information.

Now, how do I know if this is something I should be doing?  Can I tell by looking?  Is there something I should be hearing, or is it just a matter of what used to be coming from the right speaker is now coming from the left speaker?

Thanks,
Robb

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2010, 10:16 pm »
If left channel is coming out of the right speaker, you've got something reversed.

CSI

« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2010, 07:29 pm »
I'm about a week into listening to my new Sensation. Last Friday I decided to change the sub jumper to the 80Hz rolloff (this is the right thing to do BTW). At the same time I decided to experiment with the Sensation as a preamp. It sounded odd. So I got out a test disc and the channels were all screwed up. I had just read the post about the connector swap so I reversed them. The sound was still screwed up! I was ready to get on the phone then took a second look at the back of the Virtue. I had the right RCA output going to the right power amp input but the left channel was connected to the sub out (which gave me a full two channel mono feed to the left channel). No wonder it sounded weird. MORAL: check the obvious things first! Oh, and it sounds great as preamp but I'm back to using it as a full integrated - at least through the break-in period.

dvenardos

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2010, 10:02 pm »
I just don't have enough moral fortitude to let this one go.  :lol:

If left channel is coming out of the right speaker, you've got something reversed.

rysake

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2010, 06:38 pm »
Guys,
Gary flipped the right/left channels on a few of the amps by accident.
The POT connects to the board behind the caps on Sensation.  Simply pull out the connectors, swap them and replug.  3 minutes, no soldering.

Hi Seth

Can I bypass the power amp in Sensation and using the tube buffer and caps as pre amp

Glenn

Seth

PSB Guy

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2010, 07:29 pm »
Hi Seth
Can I bypass the power amp in Sensation and using the tube buffer and caps as pre amp
Glenn
Yes, just connect the pre-outs to the amp(s) of your choice...see this thread.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82365.0
Cornelis