Intact Audio AVC help with the right switch

simanom

Intact Audio AVC help with the right switch
« on: 2 Feb 2024, 05:25 pm »
Hello Forum, I just purchased the Dave Sagle Autotransformer, does anyone have experience connecting the transformer to a rotary switch. Should I buy a rotary switch attenuator from eBay or go for a Shallco switch and I am not sure do I need 1 or 2 poles per deck.
The eBay ones seem straight forward and there are pictures online to refer too.
Can find anything with Shallco switches.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Re: Intact Audio AVC help with the right switch
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2024, 09:16 pm »
Hello Forum, I just purchased the Dave Sagle Autotransformer, does anyone have experience connecting the transformer to a rotary switch. Should I buy a rotary switch attenuator from eBay or go for a Shallco switch and I am not sure do I need 1 or 2 poles per deck.

Ask Dave, the "Slaglemeister"... he will know best!

Cheers,
Pete

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2024, 09:46 pm »
His email is listed in this review if you don't have it - https://www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0611/slagle_autoformer_volume_control_modules.htm

navi

« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2024, 09:56 pm »

Jump on the Intact Audio forum. I'm sure you'll find help there.
I have used a 2 pole 24 position Rotary Selector switch.
I find eBays switches are fine. but after a few years of use they can wear (not make contact sometimes) . I have a Shallco style one I find the contact very good. It's been in use for 8 years.

I bought AVC in 2004 when Dave made me the first Balanced AVC. I have now taken it apart to run in SE and restacked it many times.   
Elma switches are good but pricey these days

simanom

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2024, 06:48 pm »
Hello Navi, I just bought a 2 pole 24step switch from eBay, but I will replace it with shallco or Elma switch. Do you mind sharing the model of your shallco switch and perhaps some pictures of it being installed with the vac.