Looking for a recording recommendation of Orff's Carmina Burana

HsvHeelFan

I've got a copy of the Telarc recording of Carmina Burana with Robert Shaw at the Atlanta Symphony.

The recording (as usual) is top notch for Telarc.  However, the performance leaves me wanting more.

I feel like the Orchestra is always only playing at about 80%.   I think the recording needed a larger choir.

If you have the Telarc recording in your collection and other recordings of Carmina Burana, I'd love to hear your opinion of which performance you prefer.  I'm looking for performance feedback, not recording quality feedback.

What I'm looking for is a recording of Carmina where the Orchestra can play wide-open and the Choir can match that.  Unfortunately, I don't think that's the Atlanta Symphony recording.

HsvHeelFan

Ericus Rex

I like San Francisco/Blomstedt.

2gumby2

My favorite version is the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra & Chorus with Leonard Slatkin.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
I don't have a recommendation for the whole collection, but this is my favorite version of O Fortuna:

Andre Rieu - O Fortuna

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
2nd the rec for Blomstedt's recording - they really go for broke on that one.  Talk about holding nothing back!

HsvHeelFan

Thanks everyone!  I'm going to order a copy of the San Francisco/Blomstedt recording.

HsvHeelFan

Overture3

I'm kind of partial to the Jochum account on DG. Have it on LP. Nice.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/Aligreto/Vinyl%20Covers/19032013067-001_zpsdfdc97e5.jpg

loriglenn123

I concur with St Louis Symphony/Slatkin

Good Luck