"THE" Current KISMET amps

AlTran

"THE" Current KISMET amps
« on: 1 May 2020, 06:41 pm »

I haven't been posting anything fun in recent months. a few days ago, Klaus said goodbye to his lovely baby, he's very sad for his loss. I want to post something to cheer him up & hope that some of you may be able to help by upgrading your amps to the latest & greatest Kismet ever built for now. Some of you may have the very latest amps with the NEW massive transformer(s) & caps from SL Germany. As always, I get the LATEST if not first then I must be second for sure. Send in your current amps or call in to order your new amps to keep Klaus busy so he won't be thinking of his beloved baby too much.
A few months ago I upgraded my Stratos Kismet mono with the latest 850VA transformers along with the white caps that is rated at 35k 85 degree. Then a few weeks ago I replaced those caps with the real rated 35k 105 degree (this is quite bigger than the previous version). With new top notch transformers & caps, the level of improvement in SQ is UNBELIEVABLE. As some of you may know I'm going to get SL Kraft amps, but the level of improvements on the Kismet is just astonishing. I don't mind waiting for Kraft & continue to enjoy these new Kismet. I will not go into details of the SQ & how they improve my system. basically my other friend who also did the same upgrade & commented "The Best UPGRADE ever". Have fun & stay safe everyone.

soundofrockets

Re: "THE" Current KISMET amps
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2020, 06:54 pm »
sorry to hear about the loss for Klaus.

I have send him all my amps for "upgrades" - not exactly sure what he will be doing with them - pretty sure - something big, sweet and good!! 

hi_watt

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2020, 07:40 pm »
Mine has the Supercaps of these. Aren't they the same?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2020, 07:42 pm »
sorry to hear about the loss for Klaus.

I have send him all my amps for "upgrades" - not exactly sure what he will be doing with them - pretty sure - something big, sweet and good!!
Make sure you share details! (I’m assuming these are the ones I’ve seen/heard in the smaller chassis). Not quite sure what will or won’t fit. I keep thinking about sending mine in to get them upgraded/customized.

AlTran

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2020, 08:31 pm »
The new trans & caps will fit in smaller Kartago as well. I have the Stratos cases, therefore I got enough room to isolate the bigger newer transformer, take closer look at my amps. Then of course I can have the big caps standing up. In my friend units, they are in the Khartago therefore the caps are laying down on the sides. As seen in the pictures, the smaller one are rated @ 35,000uf 85 degree (REFERENCE). The longer & bigger one is also rated at 35,000uf 105 degree & called it HYPER. obviously they will cost different in prices, but that has to be from Klaus to advise you all.

soundofrockets

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2020, 08:34 pm »
Make sure you share details! (I’m assuming these are the ones I’ve seen/heard in the smaller chassis). Not quite sure what will or won’t fit. I keep thinking about sending mine in to get them upgraded/customized.

yes - these are the ones you saw and heard - in the "smaller" chassis.  further details about the upgrades to come from the Big Guy!!!! 

will be getting the triple OB servo sub cabinets soon along with the XMC 2 - so good times ahead!!

soundofrockets

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2020, 02:22 am »
Looked at my emails from the Big Guy - we are doing the hyper PS/850 VA transformers and 35 K caps - not sure what degree!!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2020, 07:46 pm »
yes - these are the ones you saw and heard - in the "smaller" chassis.  further details about the upgrades to come from the Big Guy!!!! 

will be getting the triple OB servo sub cabinets soon along with the XMC 2 - so good times ahead!!
Triples? :o Yikes!

You may be a bigger Bass fiend than me.  May be........  :green:

XMC 2? The Emotiva Pre/Pro?

Lkdog

« Reply #8 on: 6 May 2020, 03:46 am »
I am getting my SE Mono Extremes upgraded to Kismets.
Had them since 2008 so will be interesting to see what Klaus has been up to the last 12 years. LOL.

Seriously- have no idea what specific components he is putting in them. I trust Klaus that it will be a solid upgrade.
 :thumb:

soundofrockets

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2020, 02:50 pm »
I received all my three “extreme” monoblocks back from the big guy.  This weekend will be playtime.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2020, 03:07 pm »
I received all my three “extreme” monoblocks back from the big guy.  This weekend will be playtime.
Woo Hoo! Fun weekend ahead (although you may need some serious break-in time)

Looking forward to your impressions. Still contemplating sending mine in for The Man to take a look at and see what suggestions he has to maximize them for my situation. Not looking for more power - don’t need that. MUSICAL is what I am after.

:dance: :dance:

soundofrockets

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2020, 06:07 pm »
It will sometime for them to “break in” - Klaus had them burning for almost one week.  Did I tell you they came back with weight gain issues!

spains69

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jun 2020, 06:29 pm »
Im looking forward to hearing how they sound.Areb they the old style cases?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jun 2020, 07:45 pm »
It will sometime for them to “break in” - Klaus had them burning for almost one week.  Did I tell you they came back with weight gain issues!
I’m shocked........SHOCKED I TELLL YOU!!!!

:thumb:

How much more do they weigh now? Did you end up getting even more goodies installed?

soundofrockets

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jun 2020, 08:58 pm »
John let me say that they left with less than 90lbs combined and came back at 140lbs - maybe rocks from Indiana!

soundofrockets

« Reply #15 on: 2 Aug 2020, 08:36 pm »
Ok.  Finally got them hooked up!!  Need to talk to Klaus - one of the amps has no juice coming out.  It powers up fine - the front panel lights up and nothing else!  Am I missing something?  Klaus?

soundofrockets

« Reply #16 on: 4 Aug 2020, 04:17 am »
It’s all good.  The Big Guy called and spoke to the amp and voila - everything is good.  Maybe they missed their masters voice.  All 3 amps are singing and making sweet music. 

:duh: :duh:

:banana piano: :banana piano: