Who doesn't use a power conditioner?

bacobits1

Re: Who doesn't use a power conditioner?
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2022, 10:43 pm »
That is axacly how I have run here for 10 years at least.
Brick wall, amp to wall.

groovybassist

« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2022, 01:56 am »
No power conditioning here - everything straight to wall.  I’ve found the more I reduce extra doo-dads in my system, the better it sounds.  Stock power cords, good quality, but reasonable cost interconnects and speaker cables, no special networking equipment or Ethernet cables, and no more isolation products. Sometimes simpler really is better.

jpm

« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2022, 05:25 pm »
I tried multiple ... Uberbuss, Blue Circle, PS Audio. Gave them all up as I had too much $ invested for too little, if any benefit. These days I use Zero Surge but my 2 channel system is effectively off grid with Vinnie Rossi and Uptone equipment anyway.

AllynW

« Reply #23 on: 5 Jun 2022, 07:07 pm »
For a few years I used a PS Audio Power Plant Premier.  It made a slight difference with my cheaper equipment but didn't do a thing for my expensive gear.  When the PPP died I didn't notice a huge change.  It was not worth having it repaired.   Now days, I live "Off Grid" on Solar/Battery power.     

NoahH

« Reply #24 on: 5 Jun 2022, 10:55 pm »
I have been running most of my systems without conditioners for a couple years. I was using a Furman unit for a long time. I bought a Niagara 5000 and was not impressed with it over the Furman. I tried against the wall at the same time and found the Furman was not really helping either. So now I run straight to wall.

That said, I got an AQ Hurricane power cord at that same time and it made a very audible difference and is in active use.

I do use an AQ big powerstrip, but not with the belief it helps sound a ton.