OPPO BDP-83SE NuForce Edition !!!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: OPPO BDP-83SE NuForce Edition !!!
« Reply #80 on: 16 Jan 2010, 03:54 pm »
No diff between 83 and SE in multichannel??? Hardly.  Huge differences (especially via DSD)!  Those Sabre DACs are at work.  I document via my reviews on AVS and cut-pasted a synopsis here (another thread).  The NuForce upgrade, although primarily the front three channels, will take it even further.  :)

PeteG

« Reply #81 on: 16 Jan 2010, 04:36 pm »
At some point I will do the NuForce upgrade but right now my SACD’s (2-ch) don’t sound too bad.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #82 on: 17 Jan 2010, 05:34 am »
Thanks for the information! But I think the MC1 preamp is genuine!  :D
The question was more if there are any audible differences in 7.1 analog output between the 83 SE and the 83SE/NE as some people even claim that between the 83 and 83 SE is no difference to be heard.

if you only watch movies, 83SE is enough, don't get the NE.
We only made a minor improvement on the L,R,C of the 7.1 analog so not worth paying extra for NE if you don't use it for 2 channel listening.

sillysally

« Reply #83 on: 17 Jan 2010, 10:16 am »
if you only watch movies, 83SE is enough, don't get the NE.
We only made a minor improvement on the L,R,C of the 7.1 analog so not worth paying extra for NE if you don't use it for 2 channel listening.
But if you do have a very good 2ch system. then viewing BD with HD soundtracks is very good.
You are forgetting about the great stereo downmix for BD movies of the Oppo, using the 2ch Dedicated Stereo Output.
If you use a 2ch analog rig as I do the NE is better than the SE for movies.

Also Oppos new firmware Main Version: BDP83-48-1224
Loader Version: BE2650 or BT0350
Sub Version: MCU83-25-0811
is very stable and seems to improve the 2ch analog of the BD-83NE.
http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/blu-ray-BDP-83-Support.aspx

Jason, is the BD-83NE region free?

ss
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2010, 01:14 pm by sillysally »

westmd

« Reply #84 on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:18 am »
I would go directly with 7.1 into my Lexicon. Why should I use a 2ch downmix?

sillysally

« Reply #85 on: 17 Jan 2010, 12:56 pm »
I would go directly with 7.1 into my Lexicon. Why should I use a 2ch downmix?

All I am saying is if you have a 2ch system like mine and view BD movies then by all means get the BD-83NE.
I also have a HDMI 7.1 Onkyo and 7.1 speaker system, but I only use it if there are more than 2 people viewing a movie. Why you ask, because that's how good my 2ch analog system is with the BD-83NE for HD soundtracks and of-course CD/SACD/DVD-A, MP3, ect.
If I had a top end HDMI 7.1 system and very good room acoustics then I probably would use it most of the time.
But as Jason said save your money and stay with a BD-83SE for 5.1/7.1 analog only use.

ss

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #86 on: 23 Jan 2010, 01:12 pm »
If you don't use the 2 stereo channels on the player, don't go with Nuforce Edition.  The improvement on L,R,C of the 7.1 analog outputs is minor.
But hey, some people would pay $3000 for a Lexicon case, why not $400 for a little L,R,C improvement.  OMG, I just saw the Lexicon review on audioholic.  I am speechless.
They could have approached us for a Nuforce improved Lexicon Edition   :eyebrows:

gerald porzio

« Reply #87 on: 23 Jan 2010, 02:15 pm »
They could have approached countless other modders too.

westmd

« Reply #88 on: 23 Jan 2010, 03:19 pm »
Pethaps I should get the Nuforce Edition and ask Lexicon for an empty case  :D

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #89 on: 23 Jan 2010, 07:32 pm »
But if you do have a very good 2ch system. then viewing BD with HD soundtracks is very good.
You are forgetting about the great stereo downmix for BD movies of the Oppo, using the 2ch Dedicated Stereo Output.
If you use a 2ch analog rig as I do the NE is better than the SE for movies.

Also Oppos new firmware Main Version: BDP83-48-1224
Loader Version: BE2650 or BT0350
Sub Version: MCU83-25-0811
is very stable and seems to improve the 2ch analog of the BD-83NE.
http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/blu-ray-BDP-83-Support.aspx

Jason, is the BD-83NE region free?

ss

Oh yes, I mainly use 2.1 in the family room and you are absolutely right, NE version will be awesome. 

I won't say anything about region free stuff. Not in public anyway.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #90 on: 23 Jan 2010, 09:18 pm »
Hello i see that OPPO is releasing the BDP 80 on Monday. Will it be worthy of SE upgrade?

sillysally

« Reply #91 on: 24 Jan 2010, 01:25 pm »
If you don't use the 2 stereo channels on the player, don't go with Nuforce Edition.  The improvement on L,R,C of the 7.1 analog outputs is minor.
But hey, some people would pay $3000 for a Lexicon case, why not $400 for a little L,R,C improvement.  OMG, I just saw the Lexicon review on audioholic.  I am speechless.
They could have approached us for a Nuforce improved Lexicon Edition   :eyebrows:

Ya the Lexicon is a joke. Here's the link.
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone/oppo-inside-lexicon-outside-1

ss

sac8d4

« Reply #92 on: 27 Jan 2010, 02:40 am »
I have a dilema with my recently repaired Oppo BDP-83 SE Nuforce Edition. I still seem to be having issues with the LFE, no audio out of the LFE, I have dismantled my system hooked everything back up and still nothing. I know the problem does not lie with the Nuforce AVP17 in which it is connected to, the LFE in fact works. Since the nuforce 2 channel discrete analog outs pass through sub frequencies to the sub, this works excellent. However when I try to play any multichannel audio I get nothing out of the sub. This is all quite aggrevating considering when I had my initial Oppo BDP-83 in my system everything worked flawless. Jason or Casey, any Idea what the heck is wrong? I have now had the Nuforce edition BDP-83SE back from you guys for a week maybe and it does not seem to be working as it should.

John Casler

« Reply #93 on: 27 Jan 2010, 03:16 am »
I have a dilema with my recently repaired Oppo BDP-83 SE Nuforce Edition. I still seem to be having issues with the LFE, no audio out of the LFE, I have dismantled my system hooked everything back up and still nothing. I know the problem does not lie with the Nuforce AVP17 in which it is connected to, the LFE in fact works. Since the nuforce 2 channel discrete analog outs pass through sub frequencies to the sub, this works excellent. However when I try to play any multichannel audio I get nothing out of the sub. This is all quite aggrevating considering when I had my initial Oppo BDP-83 in my system everything worked flawless. Jason or Casey, any Idea what the heck is wrong? I have now had the Nuforce edition BDP-83SE back from you guys for a week maybe and it does not seem to be working as it should.

You will get far quicker response from filling out a "support ticket".

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #94 on: 27 Jan 2010, 12:17 pm »

Log a help desk ticket, call the office and ask Anna to send you a return shipping label. We need to take a look. Casey is out of the country but he will be back on Feb 1.

sillysally

« Reply #95 on: 27 Jan 2010, 12:26 pm »

I have read many post like yours. Hear is to links that may help you.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17817364#post17817364

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18012825#post18012825

ss

sac8d4

« Reply #96 on: 28 Jan 2010, 03:35 am »
Thx sillysally, however the trim levels dont help anything, the player's mch LFE is not working period. this will be the second time it has been sent to Nuforce. I am not sure what exactly what was fixed last time it was sent back to nuforce, however Jason mentioned a resistor in the LFE. I just can't figure this out :banghead:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #97 on: 29 Jan 2010, 04:21 pm »
Casey will be back at the office on 2/1 and he should be able to figure out.

globalkiwi

« Reply #98 on: 18 Mar 2010, 07:18 pm »
Can anyone point me to reviews - professional or user - of the BDP-83SE NE?  I'm particularly interested in a comparison of the SE & the NE but a review of the NE alone would be interesting too!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #99 on: 18 Mar 2010, 07:21 pm »
Can anyone point me to reviews - professional or user - of the BDP-83SE NE?  I'm particularly interested in a comparison of the SE & the NE but a review of the NE alone would be interesting too!

The AVS Forum has plenty of reviews/feedback on all three models (stock, SE and NuForce).